Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
K&Bmama
Registered Users

Shipping dipes and using Paypal... help!

I have a few Flip covers in snaps, and 2 in aplix. Well DH and I hate the aplix, and want to sell them and get more snaps. But I have NO experience in buying/ selling things using paypal, and shipping things. I was either going to post them here or in one of the Buy/Sell/Trade groups on Facebook. I am so afraid of getting scammed somehow.
How do I use paypal to make sure I get paid for the items? If someone could walk me through it step by step, that would be great. I literally have no clue what I am doing. Lol.
What is the going rate for Flip covers? I have no idea how much to charge, and how much shipping will be, etc.
Someone please help! I have no use for these 2 covers and I really would like to trade them for snaps, or sell them to fund some new snap covers!

Advertisement

K&Bmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
heidip2p
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shipping dipes and using Paypal... help!

I don't use Flips so not sure what the going rate is anymore. I will say though that I now try to ship everything with insurance. I sold some homeschool curriculum with no insurance but with delivery confirmation. The package never arrived.....got lost at the PO somewhere not even in my state. Paypal sided with the buyer and refunded the money. If the package would ever show up I would be refunded but it has been months since it was shipped so not likely. Just a word to the wise.

As for as the actual shipping you can print your label right through paypal. When you click on the transaction you can select print shipping label at the bottom. It's super easy once you do it once or twice.
heidip2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
vanilla_girl
Registered Users

I have the same question - I have diapers i want to sell but I'm scared since I never sold anything online. When you say you can print your label, does it print on sticky paper? so you need to buy sticky paper? Or do you just tape it on the package?
vanilla_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's very easy. Once you have a PayPal account set up, they send money to your email address and it goes into your PayPal account, which you can then use to buy something else, or transfer to your bank account (this takes a few days, though). It is very secure and they have buyer/seller protection, but make sure you follow all their rules to qualify for protection.

When I was figuring all this out, I went to my PO and asked them to weigh what I was shipping and give me shipping estimates. They were very nice about it.

As far as pricing, go on the FSOT threads and see what other people are charging and if they've had interest at that price, or if they've been sitting for a while. You can ask however much you want, but someone has to be willing to pay it!

If you don't want to worry about all this, try listing them on Craigslist! It's free, local, and you get cash in hand. I've had great success selling diapers there.

Last edited by erlyjo; 07-31-2012 at 11:53 AM.
erlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_girl
I have the same question - I have diapers i want to sell but I'm scared since I never sold anything online. When you say you can print your label, does it print on sticky paper? so you need to buy sticky paper? Or do you just tape it on the package?
You can do it either way. Just don't tape over the barcode. There are very good instructions when you do it.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had really good luck selling on here. I think there is a sticky in the BST area of this website which gives some really good tips. As long as you get paid for the diapers, you will be just fine. Its much more likely that you will get scammed selling vs. buying. I've bought and sold on here... probably at least 100 transactions (not every seller/buyer leaves feedback) and I once got a sort of bad trade, and one time I shipped something and it never arrived, but that's it! I've also sold a lot other places and never a bad transaction.

Here is what you do when something sells:
1) Either tell the buyer your PP address or invoice via paypal the buyer.
2) If you have a printer available, you can go to the transaction in PP print shipping label from there. Use the address the buyer has in PP. I have an electronic scale now (I have an online store) but before I just used a cheap kitchen scale to know the weight. If under 13 oz you can just ship first class. It's better to ship through PP because the delivery confirmation is generally free. If you want to buy insurance you can (it is the sellers responsibility to buy insurance if they want it), but I really don't think it's totally necessary (I do if I sell something over like $75 or so).

Good luck. Selling on here is fun and the vast majority of mommas I've done business with are so sweet!

Good Luck.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlyjo View Post
You can do it either way. Just don't tape over the barcode. There are very good instructions when you do it.
If you are only doing a few transactions, I'd just use paper. The labels are super expensive. Just tape the paper on the envelope.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

Don't worry... like previous pps said, it's not too hard. There is a sticky with how to bst and how to use paypal http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1074081

When I first bought something on here, I had never used paypal before... I had to sign up for an account, haha. But navigating paypal is pretty intuitive.

As for the price of the covers. Look through the hybrid section and see what the going rates are for the condition your covers are in (like new vs. used vs. well loved, etc)

Good luck!
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote