Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
nishaa
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Finshed making stash for my 1st LO ...but require guidance of experienced Mamas :)

Hi to all Mamas and Going to be Mamas Like meee

I just finished my stash for my coming baby ...after much of LOL .But i m not confident if the stash is fine .... i think the quantity is good to start but i m not experienced like all the mamas here.
so Plz tell me if i need something else in addition i m giving the total list of watt i have ordered till now including the accessories for CD.
So here is my Stash

POCKET : 6 BG 4.0 (got B5G1)
7 Kawaii OS
3 rumparooz OS (it was free)

PREFOLDS: 12 NB GMD
12 small gmd
24 small diaperite
24 medium diaperite

Fitteds : 2 kissalauvs OS fitted

Flats : 12 diaperrite

AIO : 2 BG (got free from kellys

COVERS: 3 Flip OS with inserts
4 Blueberry OS
2 NB rumparooz covers
2 thirsties due size 2

I m worried abt the covers as i m not sure tht only 2 NB covers will work fine or not in the start . i read in many of the posts tht the flip covers fit the NB after some time. PLz help

And lastly the accesories are as listed

Grovia liners
BG sprayer
PL,W diaper pail liner
swaddles wet bag
snappi 2 of size 1 & 4of size 2

plus i have to decide on cheap cloth wipes and i have also bought 1 pack of walmart kitchen flour sack towels .

I think i have a good start . we r thinking to do spoises for first few weeks as we both would be new to parenting
plz guide me

Advertisement

Last edited by nishaa; 07-30-2012 at 09:27 PM.
nishaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

You do have plenty of diapers...and I agree with your concern about the newborn covers. I love the thirsties duo cover with Velcro....I would pick up 2 or 3 of those for sure. If you have a big baby, the flips will fit but not til about 10-12 lbs.

Also, you will quickly learn what your favorites are, and you will find that you probably love certain brands or styles of diapers more than the others....then you will destash and restash, LOL, and the cycle begins.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finshed making stash for my 1st LO ...but require guidance of experienced Mama

I agree with the destash/destash comment haha! And I like different things for different ages I haven't CD'd a newborn, but I really like pockets/AIO's for diaper bag and going out. And we're starting to use fitteds and covers for overnight and I agree that you have enough quantity-wise
Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
dannic
Registered Users

Re: Finshed making stash for my 1st LO ...but require guidance of experienced Mama

I second a few more covers...nb--I prefer 6-8. I like proraps, dappi, and also have thirsties duo 1s, rar nb, ect.
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
loki
Registered Users

If the flip covers are a little big at first, snappi a flat or prefold (make sure you roll the legs snug) and put the cover over.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
nishaa
Registered Users

My Mood:

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think you need more NB dipes. My babe was small though (6.7) and only moving to yellow edge gmd and flips at 2mos.

I like rarz NB covers now but they didn't fit very well at first. Bummis NB whisper wraps were perfect from the beginning until about 3 weeks when other NB covers started to fit. They're only just now getting too small to work. I also like my thirsties cover but its sized I believe, xs.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using DS Forum
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you need more NB dipes and covers. If you have a baby under 9lbs you will likely only have 24 diapers that fit well (the xs prefolds and flats, assuming they're the small size.) I'd get another dozen itty bitty diapers and at least 4 more xs covers.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
nishaa
Registered Users

My Mood:

Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Don't forget your detergent. ;D Fluff N Stuff baby sells Ruby Moon, which she uses herself. She has CD'd 3 DS's and she is a mama here on DS. ;D