Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got an apartment washer to wash diapers, need help!

I have had so many problems with my diapers not getting clean because my washer wasn't getting enough water.
So dh & I decided to get another washer for diapers only. We bought a used older apartment sized washer. Dh was able to fix the plumbing so it is hooked just like my FL and sits beside it.
I am already so happy. I rewashed all my diapers but now I am getting to the used ones. The washer doesn't have a rinse cycle. It has a few different cycles, but no rinse.
So should I just run it through a regular wash to do my rinse? I normally rinse, wash then rinse. Now these cycles are also a lot shorter than what my normal washer does so I don't know what to do.
What is a normal TL routine? How long is good for washing? Right now I was just running a short wash cycle as a rinse then I did a soak with Amaze and then a full wash with Tide. I also ran another short cycle to rinse because we have had such bad smells prior to this.
Does this sound ok or like too much? I don't plan on doing the soak forever just till I get them all nice and no stink. They already smell better though

Advertisement

http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I got an apartment washer to wash diapers, need help!

I would just run a regular short wash with bleach then a hot wash with detergent and let it do the regular rinse. Try them out at that point and see if they need another rinse. They may not. This is what I used to do when we lived in an apt with an old crummy washer.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
I would just run a regular short wash with bleach then a hot wash with detergent and let it do the regular rinse. Try them out at that point and see if they need another rinse. They may not. This is what I used to do when we lived in an apt with an old crummy washer.
Did you bleach every wash? I don't normally do bleach unless I am really tired of smells but this one is already working better than my regular washer and the smells were no where near normal.
I honestly don't have a real clue about stripping either
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

No I didn't need to once I switched to Tide. Only used it about once a month maybe.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote