Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
Ladyflower
Registered Users

Re: how do you prevent diapers from staining?

I don't have a lot of problems with staining even with my super pooper. Most of time time the poop sits in the diaper for a long time before I ever get to spray it off (since ds usually poops in the morning at daycare.) Stains really don't bother me and I find that even when I do get them they usually come out eventually just by washing over time. I do use a scoop of Oxyclean (or generic brand) in each wash and use bleach every few washes. I don't even bother with liners most of the time because they shift. It also depends on what your child eats. If my ds eats blueberrys, lets just say you can tell when it comes out and that diaper is in trouble!

Advertisement

Ladyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
I just immediately use the diaper sprayer. It takes everything off. My white BG OS is bright as new after spraying off poop. Toss in pail. When I wash, I toss in a bit of vinegar. No issues.

I've never had to sun anything, and had no staining at all.

Do you have hard water?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
i do have hard water, does that have something to do with it? i can spray my diapers all day long and they are still stained. i dont usually sun because we have a million trees in our yard and i would have to move around the diapers all day long so the sun is on them lol
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Out of all my diapers, the Grovia AIOs are the only ones I can't get stains out of. I hate it! The sun takes care of all my other stained diapers but for whatever reason the Grovia is still stained.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i think it may be because the fabric is thicker. im not SUPER concerned with it but they all seem to be stained and i never had the problem with other diapers staining
Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarisa

i do have hard water, does that have something to do with it? i can spray my diapers all day long and they are still stained. i dont usually sun because we have a million trees in our yard and i would have to move around the diapers all day long so the sun is on them lol
It definitely can affect how clean they get and how much stains come out.

If you're not having an issue with other diapers of the same material, it may not be that though.

Do you use a wet pail and pre-treat or soak before washing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

What are you washing them with?

The only nasty stain I've ever had on any diaper was blueberry poop. It took a couple-three cycles to come clean.

Otherwise, it's just rinse poop to the greatest extent possible, toss in the pail and wash with Tide every few days. I run bleach about every other month, too.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Mine never really stained with Rockin Green/BacOut combo, but do with Tide. So you could try throwing a bit of BacOut maybe? Or RNG?
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i rinse the diapers right after they come off of ds's butt. then they go in the wetbag. i wash every 1-2 days since our stash is so tiny. pretty much once we get a poopy dipe i try to wash a load as soon as possible. i wash with regular rockin green since our cd store tends to run out of hard rock all the time, i use regular detergent once in a while(tide etc.). wash is cold and then 2 extra rinses. ive had BGs(older aios and 3.0 pockets) stain before but the stains on those came right out. the diapers are usually washed with towels, sheets, and sometimes clothes, just to fill the load out. i wash about 12 diapers at a time(right now were just using aios-grovia and BGE).