Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #31
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor
How stinky are you? I have several friends that use a lemon and have no stink at all. For me I would need to apply it 2x a day to stay stink free all day. One lemon lasts about 10 days-2 weeks. Pretty cheap and def all natural.
I was just reading about this, you can use limes too! Lemons and limes are acidic and the acid neutralizes the bacteria on your skin so that the sweat doesn't smell. I have read though that you need to let the juice dry before putting your clothes on, because it can bleach clothing. I don't sweat heavily at all but man I can sure get smelly, and I have yet to find a natural deodorant that works. So next time I'm at the store I'm going to pick up a few lemons or limes and give this a try. I wonder if it would sting if you had just shaved...

Advertisement

hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homemade deodorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesmom View Post
I will have to try this. Can I also apply this under my breasts? Is it sticky? I ask because I am a runner. I sweat a lot. I need something that will help with the sweaty smell.
I def think its safe for boobies. And This stuff doesnt really stop wetness but does odor, I apply it once at night and once in the morning. Not really sticky just oily until it abdorbs.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #33
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren View Post
You can either keep it in a jelly jar and dab/ rub it on with your fingers or pour into an old deodorant tube while warm and when it cools it will turn solid. In warmer weather you might need to keep it in the fridge.
"honey what is this?"
"Oh just my deodorant, just slip it next to the ketchup"

Sorry that made me laugh...

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

As usual I've been away from this board for too long. You all are amazing. I just spent a fortune on Weleda deodorant because I wanted natural and it smells divine. Silly me.

But does this stuff leave white on clothes? Or does the oil build up on clothes?
Old 09-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #35
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
As usual I've been away from this board for too long. You all are amazing. I just spent a fortune on Weleda deodorant because I wanted natural and it smells divine. Silly me.

But does this stuff leave white on clothes? Or does the oil build up on clothes?
I've been using my homemade deodorant all summer long (first, I used what my cousin made, and then what I made. Same recipe, I think, or very similar.) I haven't noticed any oil build-up on my clothing. I think the oils tend to be absorbed by your skin, although I'm certainly not the expert. I just don't really notice my skin being particularly oily enough for my clothing to absorb anything. I've never noticed a white residue, either.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #36
brookesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy View Post
I def think its safe for boobies. And This stuff doesnt really stop wetness but does odor, I apply it once at night and once in the morning. Not really sticky just oily until it abdorbs.
I just saw your answer and thank you for the reply! I'm ordering stuff through a coop so I can start making some with eo!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I've been using the crystal for a while but was looking for a homemade recipe too. This morn I tried baking soda & coconut oil. So far, it's worked MUCH better & I barely put any on too.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #38
katherineemmons
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would be interested to know how it is applied too. I thought about trying it but it seemed like it would be very messy...
Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
MayintheFall
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just wanted to say that I made my own deodorant after searching DS for recipes, and I LOVE it! I really haven't used anything in the past year, and don't sweat very much, and don't usually smell offensive( gee I hope that's true), save for a few occasions like super hot days or not showering for a couple days in a row. But I sometimes get close to family and friends and always worried about smelling funky. I used 6tbsp coconut oil, 1/4c B Soda, 1/3c cornstarch and lavender oil. It smells so amazing! Nice a subtle. Yay! And it seems to want to stay a liquid for now, so I just mix it up with my finger then apply. In the winter I'm sure it'll be more solidified.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
Funky Birdie Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: chefwendybird
seller

My Mood:

Oooh gotta sub here too!

Baltic amber teething & healing jewelry
Come join us:
20% OFF FOR DS MAMAS ONLY, LIMITED TIME SPECIAL!!!!
Funky Birdie Boutique is offline   Reply With Quote