Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tough stains

Hello! I just started CD & feel pretty good about my washing routine. Up until now, my EBF DS diapers would bleach out in the sun. Recently he had an ear infection though & they put us on amoxicillin. Not only is he pooping a ton more, he is also having darker BMs that are leaving dark streaks in my diapers (no odors & seem clean otherwise). Also, he's been getting a bit more diaper rash b/c of his frequent BMs. I've been using diaper rash ointment resultantly & am having a tough time getting it out of my diapers too. Suggestions please (:

Advertisement

Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tough stains

For the stains you could try adding a little lemon juice to water and soaking the diapers before laying them in the sun. That helps a lot here. What rash cream are you using? You can't use the regular stuff, that will make your dipes repel and that's no good. We use cj's when DD gets rashy. If you do use regular cream make sure to put a liner between the cream and your dipes to try to keep them clean.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks, I'll try the lemon juice. All things I need to learn (: I don't know why I didn't think about the diaper rash cream being bad for the diapers. I just reacted like I always had w/disposables. When I saw any sign of rash, I lathered w/ Aveeno diaper cream. Now I've got some work to do to get it out of a few diapers, ugh! Do you think I can spot scrub with my detergent & then rinse super well?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your best bet would be to take an old toothbrush and some blue Dawn and scrub the cream out that way. In the future you can use a liner or use a cotton diaper like a flat or prefold if you need to use that particular cream. I find that air and coconut oil are almost always enough to clear up any redness though.

For the pooping though I would make sure he is on a probiotic if he is not already and I might be tempted to use a little bleach (on the diapers) just to make sure there is no yeast infection brewing.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
kbevie
Registered Users
seller

I try to wash dirty diapers every night with at least a rinse/spin to get most of the stuff out. Then I'll leave them wet in a pail until the big wash w/ the rest of the diapers. Rash cream shouldn't be used on the diapers and tends to leave ugly, light brown stains. It will cause repelling and leaking too. You can try to get it out by using a drop of dawn and hand scrubbing the surface to get it out.
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you think it needs to be Dawn specifically? I use a biodegradable dish soap. I will prob try it 1st. Thanks all!