Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #121
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
The staph appears to be coming back, we may be back in the hospital tomorrow. They are giving him another 24 hours on a new antibiotic to see if that makes a difference. If not, then they want him back on an IV with more monitoring.
Oh no, poor baby.

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #122
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
Oh and I have to add, there is something to be said about first time jitters. You are so excited you just want to say YES but then you start to over think it. This went on for months, maybe a year for me. Finally I decided I needed to just jump in. With that said, I accepted a placement that I knew looked like it was headed to return home and it did three months later. But she was 8, totally out of our age range, and it worked out. Praying for your perfect placement........
Thanks. Both of your posts have been really helpful. We wonder if we are suppose to have a peace about it or not. I think someone said "we will just know." But that just seems weird to me, I mean every day to take in another child feels "inconvenient" so it would be hard to ever feel completely ready. One thing that my dh and I discussed last night and are still discussing is that I think we both have different views of an ideal placement. He always was interested in a sibling group but now that everything is happening for real he thinks we should just do one right now and then next time try for a sibling group. Well, there might not be a next time because our county has a high adoption rate and then after that we would have too many children to be foster parents. So sibling group now is what I would like. He is sort of understanding what I'm saying but I think he's still really nervous about taking in 2 kids at once so with that nervousness, I don't think he is going to feel that "peace" to say yes to a placement.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #123
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ive never had peace saying yes to any of ours. Im still not perfectly sure about our current placements but theres an adjustment period. I was very unsure of former dfd for like...a minute lol! She slid right in like she was always there. I was quite certain when i said no to a sib group of 2 boys but now here we are with one od those boys and things are going pretty good! So my gut instincts are useless.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #124
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
Thanks. Both of your posts have been really helpful. We wonder if we are suppose to have a peace about it or not. I think someone said "we will just know." But that just seems weird to me, I mean every day to take in another child feels "inconvenient" so it would be hard to ever feel completely ready. One thing that my dh and I discussed last night and are still discussing is that I think we both have different views of an ideal placement. He always was interested in a sibling group but now that everything is happening for real he thinks we should just do one right now and then next time try for a sibling group. Well, there might not be a next time because our county has a high adoption rate and then after that we would have too many children to be foster parents. So sibling group now is what I would like. He is sort of understanding what I'm saying but I think he's still really nervous about taking in 2 kids at once so with that nervousness, I don't think he is going to feel that "peace" to say yes to a placement.
Your conversations with your husband sound exactly like dh and I. We talked in circles around each other. One day we thought a baby would be less of a challenge then an older child and the next we thought we had our hands full with little ones and we should go older. Round and round we went. Ultimately it just depends on the child I think. The little tod we had for respite actually made my life easier because he was right in between my youngest two and they all entertained each other. Who knew!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #125
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Ive never had peace saying yes to any of ours. Im still not perfectly sure about our current placements but theres an adjustment period. I was very unsure of former dfd for like...a minute lol! She slid right in like she was always there. I was quite certain when i said no to a sib group of 2 boys but now here we are with one od those boys and things are going pretty good! So my gut instincts are useless.
I could have written this comment verbatim...lol!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #126
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

He's being re-admitted. They can't figure out why his skin won't heal. They don't think it's the staph anymore, so they are running a whole battery of tests. They are saying a 2 day stay to start with.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #127
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by Beth.; 12-03-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Beth. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #128
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth. View Post

Our second daughter had skin issues starting around her sixth week. While our DD had burned/peeling/red/scabbed/oozing/stinky skin, it is nothing compared to what your baby is experiencing. DD didn't heal until we got her off all dairy and soy.
Was it all over, or just a diaper rash? While I don't think it's an allergy issue since we know it started as staph and whatnot, I'm willing to exhaust every possibility.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #129
luvbeingmomma
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
He's being re-admitted. They can't figure out why his skin won't heal. They don't think it's the staph anymore, so they are running a whole battery of tests. They are saying a 2 day stay to start with.
Poor baby! Praying for your little man!
luvbeingmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #130
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy
Oh no I'm so sorry!