Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are patiently (ha!) waiting for appeal period to end at the end of october, then we can move forward. We are hoping to finalize before Christmas, but may be January. No news is good news over here. My little guy isn't so little anymore! He will be 11 months in a week! We are taking his 1 year photos soon and busy planning his party!

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
Today marks 4 years of waiting. It is hard to believe that I have been waiting that long. The agency ran out of my profiles to show expectant parents last week so they requested that I do a complete over hall and update all of our pictures. This is tough since I am the only picture taker in the family. Luckily I was able to scrounge up a few good shots from places like Disney where they take your picture for you. I also spent the weekend using the self time and took random pictures of myself and Cory in various locations to use. My agency approved the new profile yesterday so today I will take it to the printers and mail it back to the agency tomorrow. Hopefully, this profile does the trick and I will get a match soon.

I have always wanted an August baby so maybe this is my month!!
Keep waiting and hang in there no matter what. It took us 5-6 years and it was so worth the wait. Your special child just isn't ready to find you yet.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, a newborn and an 11mth old! That would be my dream placement. I sort of did those two ages with my own kiddos several times already. So neat to hear stories of people asking you take the kids. So how does that work? Were the children already removed and the aunt remembered you and wanted to know if you could take them?
Still waiting on a placement call. In our county we have 6 agencies and right now our agency is at #1 and they said that my dh and I are #1 on our agency's list. But we still haven't had a call in a week. We've had about 5 calls, we said yes to 2 of them but they both fell through. We keep waiting and know that its all in God's timing.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok, to all you that would love a newborn and 11 mo old ~ how would you manage that?! Seriously, I am barely making it here with a newborn and a 17 mo old (that can't walk yet). I am thinking there have got to be some tricks I am missing. I know lots of moms have little ones close together. The hardest time I think is when nursing/putting down to sleep the 17 mo old. I just can not hold baby at the same time. So if she's crying I can't get her. About anything else I can wear her although it does make things difficult sometimes (she gets watermelon juice on her head, etc. lol) Dalynn, how in the world do you do it with two babies and a toddler??
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sunnymommy - The world of 2 babies and a toddler is tiring BUT I can not imagine trying to nurse two ... at least no bottles to wash.

We are doing good here. My husband started a new job about 3 weeks ago so he is home much more and is not as exhausted. He usually lets me sleep all night and sleep in 1 day over each weekend. I pretty much havent had regular full nights sleep since October unless DH or my mom takes a shift.

Thankfully my son and DFD are good sleepers. My girl chunked out quick so she has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old. My new DFS is a slow grower and doesn't take much formula at a time. He is 9 weeks and we still are eating every 3 hours around the clock.

Between my son and DFD, we have 14 Early Intervention therapies a month. So that keeps things busy especially with trying to do therapy at home. DFD has Torticollis and a lot of tone issues from exposure. she also has sensory issues and struggles with self regulating. We just try to avoid her triggers. My son was just a preemie and we are still working through his delays and sensory processing issues. Looks like our newbie DFS is the healthiest and most developmentally on target kiddo that I have had. Praying he stays that way.

Thankfully we have NO visitations for either DFS and DFD. We are just on a every 3 month court hearing with GALs coming by once before each court hearing and Case Managers coming out once a month. So the working of the plan is quite easy. Both plans are headed toward adoption. DFD plan will officially be changed on Oct 25th, she was a legal risk placement. And DFS plan is No Reasonable Effort from start with us being his preadoptive home. I expect both cases to take 12-18 months before adoptions will be finalized.

My house is messier than normal and I don't cloth diaper quite as much. Thankfully all of my kiddos have good dispositions. Having these 2 newbies is so much better than it was with Screech ... he screamed nearly non-stop most days. DFD is through most of her exposure issues minus sensory stuff that we have to avoid. She is a very calm happy girl. DFS only cries when hungry and poopy and he is the sweetest most affectionate little guy. He loves to be carried and cuddled. He is a easy guy and since we aren't dealing with exposure it is so much easier. My son is just and easy going little guy who is happy playing independently. So all in all it is a good mix.
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997 View Post
Having these 2 newbies is so much better than it was with Screech ... he screamed nearly non-stop most days.
Ok, this is exactly how my 3 year old was - screamed no matter what, inconsolable. So what do you do? Is there anything that can help the babies like that? We asked the social workers and the pediatrician and no one could give us any suggestions or referrals for anything to help/ anyone with experience in meth exposure to go to. She was never in early intervention, never had trouble with tone or motor skills, developmental milestones or anything. Do you just have to let them scream and wait it out? Or is there something that was missed with her? I am trying to learn from others' experience so if we have to deal with that again I can advocate better- although this baby seems to have avoided that extreme. Dd2 still has trouble with sensory and self regulating at almost 4 yrs, and we have finally been referred to someone - a developmental pediatrician. I don't know if that's the right place to go but her appt is finally coming up in a couple weeks after waiting at least six months and I am hoping it is beneficial.

Last edited by sunnymommy; 08-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
luvbeingmomma
Registered Users

Waiting for the phone to ring. It has been months since our last placement left. I hope the waiting will be worth it and we will get the 1 special little one that is meant to be with us.
luvbeingmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
So good to hear everyone's updates!

Things are much the same here. Abraham is much less gassy, but still sleeping horrendously. Not sure what to do there but just hope it improves soon.

Would type more but I need sleep!

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
jca61502
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't post often here, but am hoping that will change so I decided to join in this month.

We had our first licensing visit this week and it was sort of lame, to be honest. She went over some paperwork, left a DVD for us to watch, and will be back for more orientation on Monday. It looks like it will be at least 3 months before we are done with the process.

Our little guy will be 5 months old on Monday, and it will be 5 months since he was officially placed with us on 8/9. His bio-mom is scheduled to get out of jail by the end of the month and I am dreading the possibility of re-starting parenting time. Her visitation is suspended until the FC worker gets a court order stating otherwise though, so I am hopeful that we won't have to worry about it right away.

We have our next hearing sometime in September. It is a PPH, and I am really hoping that the goal will change from R/U to adoption at that point. Time will tell, I guess....and until we know more we choose to focus on the fact that he is with us for the time being, loved and safe.
jca61502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
Believer318
Registered Users

My Mood:
we received our first call last Wednesday and now we are waiting on the social worker to get her paperwork together...ugh, sooooooooo many delays!