Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #21
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

Our most recent update is that "the case was moving forward towards reunification, but is now at a standstill" Um ok....AND?????????? What does that mean? Any ideas what could have happened. Visits are still happening, so what's up? Caseworker also called while I was gone, but did not leave a message. Now it's the weekend and my stomach is in knots wanting to know why she called.

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #22
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not much new here. We came close to getting back one of our former placements this past week (with a long, crazy story to go with it), but the county decided to leave her with the relative she was with for the time being. Really sad about the situation yet I was bummed I didn't get to see the baby again. Then we have been considering (I'll use this term loosely) adopting a family friend's foster placement of a baby girl who has many medical needs. She is now 1 1/2 and greatly improving but she still has a lot of daily needs. My dh met her this week and feels he does not want to do this with her current needs and concerns about the future. I understand what he's saying, but at the same time, I'm a little resentful. Just something I'll have to get though
Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #23
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hi girls.

I am so sad. The little 5 year old that we were chosen to be her adoptive family isn't going to work out. I have been crying all morning. She came Friday for her first PPV and things were going well until we had several incidences of behaviors we were in no way prepared for. These behaviors were not something we expected in the least and as sad as I am, I am obligated to protect my biological children. The agency wasn't entirely truthful or aware that these behaviors existed so we feel very surprised and overwhelmed. I am very sad for her.

It will be a rough week or so as we deal with the emotional fallout of having to tell the agency that it isn't going to work out. A sad day.

Please don't quote this.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #24
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
So sorry on the little girl. These poor babies in foster care. It's so sad to see the evidence of the abuse they've suffered that makes a suitable home for them nearly impossible to find.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls. I haven't posted much recently. The twins are now 16 months. Emma was officially dx'd with lactose intolerance (rare for her age), but there's still something more going on with her. Her stools are essentially diarrhea all the time. Not much fun. We have an appointment with an allergist on the 13th to see if there's anything we happen to be feeding her that may be causing it. She's also delayed for eating and eats mostly baby food still (oral sensory issues), but she's getting better at eating some stuff, it's just a long slow process to help her overcome it.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

I had similar issues with my little guys. A daily dose of children's probiotics cleared it right up. They are able to eat anything and everything now.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

So sorry apurkeyp. i know that must have been a very hard decision to make.

I am going CRAZY. We are supposed to get this baby that is due august 31st but who knows. Nothing is certain inFC after all. The uncertainty is killing me. I am constantly perusing fsot but i dont even know if i will be able to cd her. I just want to know either way. And then what if we do get the placement and the poor thing is a mess? Ugh. I am just obsessing and going over ever possible scenerio...gah!

Last edited by newmommy13; 08-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #28
an_aurora
Registered Users

We are still waiting here. We've been licensed for four months and have gotten two calls, both of which were placed elsewhere. We were supposed to have a home visit at our new house but the social worker had to cancel. So now we are just waiting.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #29
shortandsweet
Registered Users
seller

hi there! i haven't posted much, but figured i'd jump in. we are in the foster care waiting game too. we finished up our classes a week & a half ago, got a call the next day (!!!) for a 10-month-old, but she ended up being placed with relatives. so now we are just waiting for the next call.
shortandsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
kaylajo88
Registered Users

We are currently just waiting on our home study to start. We should be getting a call to start within the next month or so.
kaylajo88 is offline   Reply With Quote