Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sounds like this could be an exciting month for everyone!

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #32
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
I am going CRAZY. We are supposed to get this baby that is due august 31st but who knows. Nothing is certain inFC after all. The uncertainty is killing me. I am constantly perusing fsot but i dont even know if i will be able to cd her. I just want to know either way. And then what if we do get the placement and the poor thing is a mess? Ugh. I am just obsessing and going over ever possible scenerio...gah!
I know it's rough! Btdt. Great circumstances for practicing patience and self-control (as far as controlling worry and thinking) Hopefully I at least grew in something good through all the months of waiting. Hang in there.

And fwiw, baby here is in cloth So cute! She only had diarrhea (they called it water loss stools) for about a week. I don't know if that would have been any different if she had continued on the formula instead of switching to breastmilk or not. Dd2 only had regular bms from the start and she actually was really constipated from the formula. So no tox-bum here...
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #33
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

apurkey - How did it go over? Just wondering if the little girl knew the visit was for an adoptive placement?

Carolyn - are you guys home yet?

Grahamcracker - is your little one home and doing alright? Last I read you were still at the NICU

(sorry if I missed updates somewhere along the line)

Seems like July was a big month - were there any more than our 3 babies that came home in July? FindingMercy was end of June right? Was Dalynn's baby in July, too? And there were some other foster placements, too! (Mama2manyboys, and ..??)
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #34
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy

I know it's rough! Btdt. Great circumstances for practicing patience and self-control (as far as controlling worry and thinking) Hopefully I at least grew in something good through all the months of waiting. Hang in there.

And fwiw, baby here is in cloth So cute! She only had diarrhea (they called it water loss stools) for about a week. I d on't know if that would have been any different if she had continued on the formula instead of switching to breastmilk or not. Dd2 only had regular bms from the start and she actually was really constipated from the formula. So no tox-bum here...
Im so glad she didnt have bad poos! Is that a good sign then that she didnt have much exposure or is that not really related? Im so diaper crazy its ridiculous. If we ever get a nb i know exactly what i want! I just hope we get her while gmds sale is still on. $3 nb workhorses squee! my dh is right, it really is a sickness.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #35
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy
apurkey - How did it go over? Just wondering if the little girl knew the visit was for an adoptive placement?

Carolyn - are you guys home yet?

Grahamcracker - is your little one home and doing alright? Last I read you were still at the NICU

(sorry if I missed updates somewhere along the line)

Seems like July was a big month - were there any more than our 3 babies that came home in July? FindingMercy was end of June right? Was Dalynn's baby in July, too? And there were some other foster placements, too! (Mama2manyboys, and ..??)
Nope! 4 weeks and still haven't cleared icpc yet! Because my idiot lawyer didn't send them the papers until this week! Baby is doing good. She still sleeps all the time and she has a horrible diaper rash that nothing seems to help. But other than the rash, she is perfect.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

Carolyn- Have you tried cornstarch? I know that sounds weird but it was the only thing we used on our girls that worked. If it's yeast infection the rash can get worse with cornstarch though.

Our USCIS fingerprints and such were approved and the case has been forwarded to Uganda. So officially we are JUST waiting. There are a few pieces of paper we are going to have notarized for our dossier when we are in town next week but that is just to stay a step ahead. There are a few children in the investigation process that our agency hopes to match with waiting families soon. Praying we are one of the families! Our Uganda coordinator is on her way to UG now so hopefully she will be able to get more photos and videos and interviews with these children and waiting children! It would be incredibly exciting to get a referral this month. We are ready for it!

We also made a photo book on iphoto for the wee one. It's just a little paper back book with photos of the family, our village, snow, our dog, and the house. It's really nice though. I am slowly working on putting together a care package to send the wee one once we have a referral. It gives me something to do and I feel "ready" when I am doing something.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #37
jenfostermom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies! I've been keeping up with reading, but thought it was time to post an update. So we still have little Miss J, and she is almost 18 mos old now. She has really fit in pretty well and, considering all she's been through in her short life, she's adjusting well. She has been in FC before - from 3mos-9mos old with a relative and then a foster family in a nearby county when her relative couldn't care for her anymore (divorce situation). She's been with us for 6 weeks and my biggest complaint is that she throws crazy temper tantrums. They are getting a bit better - for the first month or so she would cry herself to sleep every time I told her no or redirected her in any way. Annoying, but nothing major really in comparison to what we've seen in the past. She started with 3x/week visits for an hour each time and now visits are suspended for mom's lack of compliance. SW said it's a long, long term placement, possibly preadoptive. Sooooooo we are praying about our forever decision for this little one and super enjoying dressing her in pink, putting cute prints on her little tushie, and fun girly shoes. I love it!

Since taking her placement, we have had a few other calls. We were offered a 3 month old boy which fell through, then a 4 month old boy, which also fell through. We were promised the next baby, but nothing yet. Overall it's ok, we are working hard with attachment and bonding with J, but hate being promised something that the agency didn't intend to follow through with. Whatev. They did call yesterday with a sib set - 14 and 17 yr old girls, but I firmly told them I don't take "big kids". She (new supervisor) tried to convince me by saying "it's going to be short term"....I laughed and told me I never believe them since I adopted what was supposed to be a weekend placement. LOL.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #38
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

So I don't want to give to much info and maybe I should delete eventually, but...

We know bio mom is in jail and from doing a simple google search, it is apparent that bio dad is headed to jail as well (unless he has a miracle worker for an attorney). In our area, bio parents in jail almost always = adoption, especially for any length of time. So now it is just a waiting game to see how they are sentenced.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #39
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Wow! That's both exciting and sad at the same time. Then again, what isn't with foster care that leads to adoption.

Little man can't catch a break here. We seem to have the gassiness an pooping under control, but now he has a raging skin infection around his neck, back of his head up into his hair, and anywhere wetness touches in his diaper area. It's yeast and it's bad enough that he's on Rx cream for it. It can take a week to work though and the poor thing is in pain. It was pretty awful today. His skin is raw and oozing and if you touch it at all he screams and writhes in pain. Pretty impossible not to do though when you have to support his head when you pick him up and change his diaper. Not to mention clean the wounds and apply the medicine and creams all day long.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #40
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

findingmercy - did you use anything besides probiotics? Baby here has gas/reflux/poops-once-a-week....