Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #41
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Probiotics twice a day and a little bit of coconut oil that he sucks off my pinkie. Also took dairy out of my diet.

Advertisement

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #42
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
Wow! That's both exciting and sad at the same time. Then again, what isn't with foster care that leads to adoption.

Little man can't catch a break here. We seem to have the gassiness an pooping under control, but now he has a raging skin infection around his neck, back of his head up into his hair, and anywhere wetness touches in his diaper area. It's yeast and it's bad enough that he's on Rx cream for it. It can take a week to work though and the poor thing is in pain. It was pretty awful today. His skin is raw and oozing and if you touch it at all he screams and writhes in pain. Pretty impossible not to do though when you have to support his head when you pick him up and change his diaper. Not to mention clean the wounds and apply the medicine and creams all day long.
Yes it is both sad and exciting at the same time. I have moments of pure joy and then moments where I remember there are two lost and hurting parents out there. Glad to hear things are headed in the right direction for little man. I remember going through that and thinking that I was willing to eat cardboard if it meant a happy baby. lol!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #43
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
Probiotics twice a day and a little bit of coconut oil that he sucks off my pinkie. Also took dairy out of my diet.
Are you giving the baby probiotics? I think my little guy could use them. I give big boy Culterelle and just sprinkle in drink. Do you do the same ones and way for baby?
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #44
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997

Are you giving the baby probiotics? I think my little guy could use them. I give big boy Culterelle and just sprinkle in drink. Do you do the same ones and way for baby?
We have powder ones for him. We just dip a wet finger in the jar and let him suck it off.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #45
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We also have powdered probiotics that I put on all kids cereal in the morning, although they like to just eat it off a spoon! - But, baby here gets wet binky dunked in powder and stuck back in a few times a day. When dd2 was on formula/bottles I just put the powder in the bottles.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #46
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

Mercy I hope the baby is feeling better soon! It's so hard when your babe is in pain

Just for fun (and to keep from going crazy while we wait) we are doing a giveaway on the blog http://www.eightarcticelephants.com/ (Not the buy a ticket to win "giveaway" just plain ol giveaway.) Come take a guess at when it will snow
Old 08-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Attachment 116130

This is his face. the back of his head and diaper area are even worse as they are RAW. It's been a long couple days and will probably be a long few more days until it starts to heal up.

Last edited by FindingMercy; 04-03-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #48
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awww mama.... That poor little guy His skin looks so ouchy... I feel horrible. I really hope you can get that to chill out a bit... That is no fun! Do they know exactly what it is?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #49
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh wow that looks terrible! Poor little baby he must be miserable! I hope it starts clearing up soon!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #50
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Poor angel! I hope it goes away soon! :0(