Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #11
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anterior Placenta?

I have an anterior placenta with this baby (Due Nov 14) felt 1st movement at 20 weeks and THE NEXT DAY DP could feel from the outside, it really was a total fluke though, his hand just happened to be on my belly right where 2.0 kicked/punched/head-butted! I felt my 1st baby at 16 weeks, was never told about location of the placenta (at delivery the doc said it was the biggest he's seen) so I am assuming it was not anterior. Doc and u/s tech said that it normally moves up as the pregnancy progresses so there is usually little concern for previa (grows over cervix) or accreta (embeds into/through uterine wall). I had one prior c/s so I am slightly 'thoughtful' of these conditions/complications due to my own increased risk. I hope all goes perfectly with your pregnancy and baby. You can always ask at each u/s where your placenta is to ease any concerns you may have.

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #12
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

I am due Dec. 15th with DS #2 and my placenta is anterior. Give yourself another month, and you will start feeling those movements pretty regularly, but they will be mufffled or deep within you. What you tend to feel most are the rolls and kicks and punches off to the side and down low, at least that is my experience. I am 22 weeks and DH just felt this LO kick for the first time last night. It's true you don't feel movement as soon as you would with a Posterior placenta, I felt DS #1 as early as 14 weeks, with this one I've only been feeling regular movement for a few weeks now. Also be prepared for your OB to have a hard time finding the heartbeat with the doppler, but don't let it worry you, it's normal.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
MotherGoose518
Registered Users

I'm on my second pregnancy with an anterior placenta, and yes I definitely felt these two less than my other ones. With my last one I felt her very well once she got bigger, it was just less early on. I've felt this one a bit but not as strong or as often as my last 2.
MTHFR + possible Ehler's Danlos Syndrome
Lovenox, Folic Acid Therapy, Aspirin Therapy
MotherGoose518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #14
pridykidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the help.

I resigned myself to the fact that I will not probably feel any movement for a few more weeks. However, due to many factors right now, I have not had any appointments for this baby. (long story....some of you know part of it already) I will have to wait a few more weeks for life to calm down before I can fit in time for my new midwife. So, in the meantime, I borrowed a doppler from my SIL. I have found that I can get the heartbeat pretty good on the lower sides of my uterus. Its been really nice to have that reassurance since life is so crazy right now.
pridykidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #15
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
I found out yesterday that my placenta is anterior as well. I am 19 weeks and have just started to feel movement. I felt movement a lot earlier with my others.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Visiting from the feb group....

With my first 2 I had a anterior placentas. Quinn I felt around 20-21 weeks. Jesse I felt at 16 weeks.

I'm not sure what kind I have this time but I suspect it's not anterior. I swear I've felt this babe already at 12 weeks.
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

Coming back to this thread to say that my anterior placenta is driving me nuts!

This is the first anterior placenta I have had out of 4 pregnancies and it is driving me nuts that I can't feel movement regularly. I am a couple days shy of 20 weeks and with all my other babies I felt them regularly at 20 weeks. I feel this little guy a couple times a day but it still makes me nervous. Hopefully in a few weeks he will be bigger and I will feel him way more.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pridykidz View Post
Thanks for the help.

I resigned myself to the fact that I will not probably feel any movement for a few more weeks. However, due to many factors right now, I have not had any appointments for this baby. (long story....some of you know part of it already) I will have to wait a few more weeks for life to calm down before I can fit in time for my new midwife. So, in the meantime, I borrowed a doppler from my SIL. I have found that I can get the heartbeat pretty good on the lower sides of my uterus. Its been really nice to have that reassurance since life is so crazy right now.
I am wondering more and more if this isn't the case for me also.
At my last appt I was 14 wks and it took my dr forever to find the hb. He was also very low on my c-section scar and I don't remember it being like that before. But he did finally hear it.
I am not feeling movement much. Here and there I think I do but I am 18 wks and still nothing.
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm in the club! I have an anterior placenta this time around, partial previa (which will hopefully move) and my uterus it tilted back! Lol, they midwifes have had problems finding the heartbeat, and I am not feeling very much movement (I'm 19 weeks). It is kinda annoying, but as long as the placenta moves so I can have a normal delivery, and the baby is healthy, I don't care!