Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #91
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Yeah we made it. It's so super easy!! It was very delicious I have to say.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #92
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 chat--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

whoa! Kezia just grabbed a cup of the kids table, held it in two hands and took a long drink! What a big girl she is getting to be! and, of course, the second attempt just went down the wrong tube and she dropped the cup. oh well, just water.
Still no walking here. Sydney started walking on her birthday, elijah a week after his, so I'm thinking it will be soon. Although, I'm kinda good with semi-limited mobility.
Sydney starts kindergarten in a little over 2 weeks. eek! We want to send elijah off to a preschool, because I think he would just love it and is so ready for a school setting, but not sure if we can afford it. Waynes parents actually offered to pay half, which is awesome, but we really need to get our spending in order. We are not big item spenders, but all the little things add up and we eat out too much. We're doing good...haven't eaten out in probably a week. I know, not all that amazing, but for us it is. Sheesh, we would often eat out twice a week...that's more than we ate out in a whole year growing up in my house, seriously.
anyway. working on getting spendign in order, and needing to find something that works to get healthy. if money were not an issue, I'd maybe join weight watchers. a lady from church as lost 60+lbs on it. not sure how long she has been working at it, but she is looking great. I need to keep reminding myself that it is an ALL DAY, EVERY DAY process. lots of little choices resulting in either weight gain or loss.
*yawn* nap time yet? almost! score!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #93
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi--we do not eat out well bc there are no good options at all in the area we live. When MIL visited we went all over the state and ate out--I gained 7 lbs in the time she was here. I have since lost it just eating at home.

As for finances--have you looked into Dave Ramsey. He has a radio show you can listen over the internet.

GL
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #94
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Silly question? How do you bathe your babies? I was looking for one of those seats that goes in the bath so Peyton can stay and splash around. I can not find one. My boys hated the bath so it was quick in quick out and by the timee they enjoyed the tub they could sit in there by themselves. (with me watching obviously)
Old 08-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #95
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Silly question? How do you bathe your babies? I was looking for one of those seats that goes in the bath so Peyton can stay and splash around. I can not find one. My boys hated the bath so it was quick in quick out and by the timee they enjoyed the tub they could sit in there by themselves. (with me watching obviously)
kitchen sink here. There are days when she gets a few baths because it is just as fast, sometimes faster, to give her a quick hose down rather than try to get all the sticky off her. When we lived with my parents, they put in a small kitchenette in the basement and the sink was one large basin instead of 2 basins. it was great, I gave sydney a bath in there until she was 2 probably.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #96
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I bathe Harper in the tub with probably 3-6 inches of water. Sometimes with Nathan, but not with the older two. She is too grabby. She gets a bath about every other night, sometimes every third of we haven't been out and she hast been very messy. I've been bathing her in the tub since she could sit unassisted.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 08-21-2012 at 05:38 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #97
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
kitchen sink here.
We did that last night!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #98
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I bathe Harper in the tub with probably 3-6 inches of water. Sometimes with Nathan, but not with the older two. She is too grabby. She gets a bath about every other night, sometimes every third of we haven't been out and she hast been very messy. I've been bathing her in the tub since she could sit unassisted.
This is us too.

We went to my parent's for Caspian's birthday. My parents tried to make a party with just us there. pinata, 3!!! cakes, bazillion presents, etc. He had fun and that was all that mattered. We left Izzy at Grandma & Grandpa's for the week. She's never been away from us, besides when the littles were born. And that was less than a day at her own home. We will see how long she last.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #99
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

New baby pic

Cake!

Happy in the new van

Drinking all my blackberry lavender shake.

Last edited by estradaamyl; 08-21-2012 at 09:56 AM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #100
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my, Amy - he's adorable!! Looks and sounds like he had a fun time! I can't wait to happen dgs' party.
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote