Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #111
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: AUGUST 2011 chat--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Amy- what a ham you have!!! lol love him!!

I don't think I've ever bathed my kids in the sink... idk why not, just never have. We use one of those inflatable tubs and you can hang it up on the backside of the shower with a 3M hook so it's out of the way and can dry easily. Used it for all three kids. It has a little cushion to the bottom and the sides, plus you can fill it up and the water level is higher while still using less water than filling the tub.

Trying to get little projects done around the house still, before we have the bday party for Evan. Not sure it's all going to get done, but it's great motivation for me to press on! IDN of some rain around here. we are on water restriction. towns around us are on boil water thingy. sucks! My yard looks horrible, and all my plants are dead. Other than the garden, we aren't watering anything.
Off to get dinner ready and start sewing some slipcovers for the sofa!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #112
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, super busy lauren! Bummer about the droughts around the states. We had a very dry summer as well, but the last month we have had some rain which has really perked up the lawn. We never water the lawn, and didn't get a garden in this year, so no worries there for us.

elijah starts preschool...on monday!! lol, we had a really slow start to looking into schools, and now suddenly, boom, time to start. i'm glad we went to check it out today. The public schools here do not start til after labor day, but he will go to a local church's preschool program and they start monday! Quick got his little school supply list (a whopping 6 things , but he was excited) and his little backpack all ready. he is so excited, he picked out a spiderman folder. he has never seen a spiderman movie or cartoon in his life, but he loves spiderman, batman and other heros that he knows. I won't let him watch any of those for quite a while yet, but he knows they are heros and they help people and that is enough for him.

well, time to finish a late supper, then off to the library for a quick visit.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #113
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, super busy lauren! Bummer about the droughts around the states. We had a very dry summer as well, but the last month we have had some rain which has really perked up the lawn. We never water the lawn, and didn't get a garden in this year, so no worries there for us.

elijah starts preschool...on monday!! lol, we had a really slow start to looking into schools, and now suddenly, boom, time to start. i'm glad we went to check it out today. The public schools here do not start til after labor day, but he will go to a local church's preschool program and they start monday! Quick got his little school supply list (a whopping 6 things , but he was excited) and his little backpack all ready. he is so excited, he picked out a spiderman folder. he has never seen a spiderman movie or cartoon in his life, but he loves spiderman, batman and other heros that he knows. I won't let him watch any of those for quite a while yet, but he knows they are heros and they help people and that is enough for him.

well, time to finish a late supper, then off to the library for a quick visit.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #114
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Naomi- did you just call me by my daughters name? lol
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #115
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Naomi- did you just call me by my daughters name? lol
ohmagosh! bwahahahaha I did! I remember thinking as I typed that "this doesn't seem right" but I was holding kezia and trying to type while she beat on the keys. I think I remember seeing Lauren in your siggy and just typed that. Yes, Vanessa, you shall from now on be known as Lauren...at least when I am completely distracted, holding a crazy baby and reading siggys while trying to type and hold said crazy baby.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #116
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What does everyone use to post pics? I use photobucket but it always acts up after a few pictures and I have to re-start the internet and it's a pain.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #117
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had an update with birthday pics all typed up and my computer crashed before I posted. Now I'm on my phone...will try to update when I have a few minutes. Just wanted to say I love all the photos...we sure have some super cute babies!

Last edited by katengrace; 08-23-2012 at 02:11 PM.
katengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #118
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Seriously...all my pics look like this now. This child NEVER stops moving.

Wondering something. Is anyones baby eating full meals from the table? And is anyone having milk (non bm or formula milk I mean)?

Dd is still nursing for most of her diet but her meals look like this...(these are not everyday, just what she may eat on a typical day)

Breakfast:
IF she eats it may be 1/2 a banana and 1/2 a piece of toast or about 1/4 cup of greek yogurt.

Lunch:
15 pieces cubed cheese, small handful of frozen peas (her fave!!), cubed chicken or ham. Another example may be a small bowl of elbow pasta with some kind of sauce and a 1/4 cup of a steamed veggie

Dinner:
Pieces of what we're eating unless it's something she can't gum easily then the fall back is oatmeal, frozen peas or something very little.

She still nurses very frequently and down for naps so she's getting a lot that way. She also will occasionally have a cup of water if were out and about and it's exceptionally hot out by she really doesn't drink it. I've never given her milk or anything other than water. I think I gave my sons milk before now and they were eating full meals and nursing only 3-4 times per day.

Does this sound reasonable? Tell me what your baby is eating.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #119
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seni eats a lot of what we're eating. I give her pureed baby food also because we have a cabinet full of it, but she does eat a lot of table food. I feed her a lot of what you're giving Harper. She's had cow's milk a couple of times with other people when they've ran out of pumped bm but I haven't given it to her yet- I just give her water usually. I've actually been wondering lately if I should start buying her almond milk or anything like that. I don't know how much longer I should pump for, either. I don't feel like cutting down my supply yet.

Well, today was a crazy productive day! My semester needs to be done in 2 weeks and I've really been freaking out. Today my mom came over for a few hours and I got a ton done- 2 Macroeconomics exams, an essay on communication, and an excel spreadsheet and graph project. I still have about 150 pages in my Economics textbook to read with 3 exams, and a final project that's part Microsoft Word, part Excel, and part Powerpoint, but it feels SO much more manageable now. I also stayed up late last night and got a lot of Lana's skirt for the bday party Sun knitted so my stress level is much lower than it was yesterday!

I've gotten a lot of pics uploaded to pb today too so hopefully I can post in the next couple days.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #120
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britt, mary eats three meals a day, she is not a happy camper if she doesn't eat a full meal.

Lately breakfast is a half banana and handful of cherrios, or what ever we are eating, pancakes, french toast, eggs. I try to make sure has some fruit - applesauce, peaches, pears

Lunch, a little of what we are eating and usually 1/2 an avocado.

Dinner, whatever we are eating, but I dish her her own, she dislikes eating from my plate.

She nurses about 4 times a day, her morning being the longest session and before bed her shortest.

Ive offered her rice milk and almond milk (no cow cause of her dairy issues), she doesnt seem to care for them, but she also doesn't like to drink breast milk from anything other than me either.

I'm actually kind of stressing, dh a and I are going to maui for a week the end of october, and I've got to get this kid to drink any kind of milk from a bottle or sippy or straw before we leave.

No judgement please, I normally dont leave my babies so young but this is a very needed getaway. It h has been a very long three years with dh in residency and our boys hearing and speech issues and marys difficult infancy. Anyway, we are so excited, but I feel the weight of this milk issue big time.

Heres my little girl less than a week shy of one!

Attachment 117327
5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 09-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote