Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #121
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 chat--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Well, Levi is a year old!

He was 20lbs and 31inches at 11 months. He's not going into the doctor until the 29th so I'm not sure how much he weighs or whatever right this moment.

He's talking CRAZY.. He crawls, and pulls up on his knees, but that's as close to walking as he's gotten. lol He will stand against the couch, but only for a second or two... You can't pay him to walk with you, or take any kind of steps with holding him.

All of this is fine by me. LOL

He's self weaning. He's down to nursing about once every 2 days, give or take.. it's normally everyday, but he's been known to go longer. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now, and has left me in a depressed state. Not so much because he's weaning, but I'm sad about that (I had grand hopes of nursing until he was 18months atleast, jake weaned at 14m on the dot) but I think it's the hormone levels are really screwing with me.. mostly. either way, I'm not a happy person. I'm moody, and I cry all the time. Not so fun.

anyway, Levi is a TALKER. like seriously. None of my kids have said the amount he does at a year old.

His list is evergrowing, but right now he says,

Mama
Dada
Mam
Hi/Bye
Clap
Diaper
Ball
Miranda
Sister
Brother
Food
What

That's off the top of my head. He sounds like hes said Thank you a couple times too. Most of this stuff is clear enough for people close to him to understand, some of it is clear enough for the average person to understand.

And he says Hi Dada quite often. He really likes dave and when he leaves for work or goes out of his sight, its "Dada? Dada?" until you tell him he went to work or whatever. lol

We went to the Fair today to celebrate his birthday (we did the cake thing yesterday) and he had lots of fun. Mostly eating. (his favorite thing to do) People watching and his brother and sister went on 1500 different things (3.5yo was going on adult rides, crazy kid, wanted to go on the biggest rollercoaster there, crazy kid)

Anyway... A look into the past.... brand new..

couple weeks old..

a couple months old..

Getting closer to 1

Last month..

And now..

Happy Birthday BooBoo! I love you! Can't wait to see what this year holds for us!

Advertisement

Last edited by jenn5388; 08-23-2012 at 11:58 PM.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #122
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melissa, We too are going on a vacay to Hot Springs, arkansas (not Maui, but still )at the end of Oct for our 6 yr anniv! It is our first nights alone without kids~ So I have to get Micah on milk before then too He drinks water and juice from a sippy now but I will start milk soon....
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #123
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy
Melissa, We too are going on a vacay to Hot Springs, arkansas (not Maui, but still )at the end of Oct for our 6 yr anniv! It is our first nights alone without kids~ So I have to get Micah on milk before then too He drinks water and juice from a sippy now but I will start milk soon....
Alright then hallie, we have a mission! I'll bet you guys are as excited as we are!

Happy birthday levi!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #124
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Okay well it sounds as if Harper is eating about the same as others. Is there any benefit to giving her milk in a cup now instead of waiting? I do worry that if I offer her a cup of milk she will refuse to nurse and end up weaning. I'm not ready for her to wean yet. She is already protective of her cup even if it only has water- she FREAKS if one of the kids or I asks for it or picks it up and puts it on the counter.

Vacation bound mamas.... TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! Lol Seriously though- don't dare feel guilty for even one moment! You have earned it and it feels so good to have hubby time (that was so not intended to be a pun but whatever- we can roll with it!)

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #125
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi, ladies! Long time, no talk! Everyone's babies(big kids? *sniff*) are soo adorable and growing WAY too fast. I wanted to share Maverick's 1st year pics. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9864003&type=1

I hope you all are doing well! I think about you and your babies often!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #126
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worry about the same thing, Britt, but Senia's always happy to go back to mama milk after drinking other stuff. My other kids have been late weaners (2+) though, too.

I think it's gonna be a busy day. Seni's party tomorrow and somehow I ended up with a bunch of plans today. But first, off to work for 2 hours... ugh, 5am is too early!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #127
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Only 4 more days until her birthday! Headed to the zoo today for her birthday outing

Attachment 117447
5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 09-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #128
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Melissa she is WAY too cute!!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #129
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Went and picked up the BOB from two weeks ago. I am astonished by its condition. It looks new!! The lady swears she bought it years ago but it still has the little stroller 'hairs' and it's bright, stain free, and without even seam threads being loose. I LOVE it! And my 4yo model (pardon the undies)...

Anyone know how I can find out its age?

On another note.... How great is this?! It's upcycled from a nightstand and it looks super simple to do. I think I may have a project for the next year. Lol. It would totally take me that long too.

Last edited by mommabritt; 08-25-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #130
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow that is a nice stroller!! And a cute kitchenette.

Well a new cloth diaper store opened here in memphis about 15 mins from Me! So excited to go see what they have.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote