Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #181
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: AUGUST 2011 chat--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Alison- I agree, that you just have to stay calm and enjoy every minute, and not worry!! FX for a great appt on the 5th !!!

Brittney- I love thrifting!!! I bought both girls their school wardrobes ( and then some) for less than $100 all second hand. I know that seems like a lot, but I got tonnnnsss of stuff! I really need to make some stuff for Evan now. I have lots of upcycled fabrics I need to use.

Ugh, Evan is getting into everything right now!!! I better go stop him as we are trying to clean the house for Sunday's party!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #182
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

britt, are you kidding me, thrifting is the only way to go in my book. just about kills me to buy new clothes for the kids...ok, actually, I can't think of the last time I bought something new from the store (other than underwear or socks). I think I've only bought new for myself twice in the last year...as in 2 items, not 2 shopping trips. yeah, super tight wad.
I agree, love shopping, hate spending.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #183
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yep, I love thrifting as well. I also buy clearance off season at Target. I can get shirts for about $1 and pants for around $2. Just have to pay attention when stuff gets marked down. Love being thrifty!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #184
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I wish we had a Target close. I wish we had a bigger thrift store here. I always hit the ones in KC or where my mom lives for great finds. I'm especially fond of going out of town now, so the kids don't have the same thing everyone else here has b/c they shop at WM. (not saying anything bad about them, but when everyone shops at the same store, well, you all have the same stuff, kwim?)

Poor Viv woke up and puked on her floor at 4:30am. poor kid. I think it was just random, b/c I don't want everyone getting sick before the party!

So I've been up since then- didn't go to bed until 12... sooooo tired. got doughnuts, and getting ready to go do my grocery shopping now while it's quiet in the store. Plus I am down to the wire, and need to get the pillows sewn for the sofa. Pre prepping food for Sunday, and cleaning house. Going to be so crazy today!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #185
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Morning!

Dd has been up and grabbing her gums since 5. these dang teeth will NOT come in!

Sorry Viv had a yucky tummy. Hopefully it was just fluke! I kwim about everyone shopping at walmart. We have one other retail store in town but it's more expensive.

Have fun shopping!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #186
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks girls! Tommy boy is still sick. The vet did a barium test and saw an obstruction in his colon...so i think its a piece of frisbee he chewed up! Arrrgg.. they are going to try an enema to get it out..if it doesnt work then surgery..
A dumb 10$ frisbee is going to cost us a grand. And poor tommy.

Also DH has been getting calls from his work, like at lleast 30 since last night. so much for a fun labor day wknd for us.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #187
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poor doggie...hope it comes out without surgery!

Happy Birthday Evan! Hope he has a great party!

Alison, I'm sure everything is fine. I always over analyzed each pregnancy. Like kids each pregnancy is different...you can't compare them.

So I have a big confession...I have never bought anything from a thrift store. We have a Goodwill right by us. I went in once and didn't see much. With all these deals you have been talking about I need to start going! Toms shoes...are you kidding me? I buy all the girls' clothes at Gymboree...sometimes Target and Carters. I always buy clearance/sale items, so I thought I was getting a good deal. Especially when you consider these clothes go through 4 kids. I'm going to try to hit up some thrift stores soon. I know there is one in an expensive part of town near the beach....I bet they will have some great stuff!

Today has been the first day in the last few that Brynn hasn't been running a fever. I assume it was from her shots. I hate that! It was the highest temp she has ever had...up to 103. Poor thing was miserable.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #188
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hallie- I'm sorry the pup is still sick. The obstruction sounds scary. I actually told my boa about it because they are awful about bringing their toys inside and Dallas will chew what's outside. They were sad for your pup. Ideally hope he can pass it without surgery.

Carrie- it's ALL about location. Well, and going frequently. I stop in two or three times a week. They don't get shipments like regular stores so one day they could have nothing great and the next it could be brand name heaven. Harpers closet is filled with Hanna, Gymbo, Gap, Osh Kosh and Children's place. My boys are mostly Children's place, gap and Old Navy with a few random other things. I would encourage you to check out some different stores. You'd be amazed what you can buy.

Here's the Toms. I thought it was a score!

Last edited by mommabritt; 09-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #189
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Those are awesome! I really want a pair of silver sparkle Toms for Brynn...so cute! Too bad we don't live closer...I love to shop!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #190
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oooh that would be fun! I love the glitter ones. My mom and I shop while she's here but she like to go to target and the mall and I am way too cheap to buy there. I do love target though.