Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #51
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
So is anyone one else "over" cloth diapering.

I have been cding since Blu was 6 months old and at different points have had 2 in diapers. Well now that we hit 1 with Peyton I am not sure I want to continue.

I started it with Blu bc the gels from the sposies were always all over him and I did not like the chemicals. Well I have been looking into The Honest Comapany diapers and they look great BUT since I have been cding I now find it ridiculuous to pay $80 a month for diapers and wipes.

Not sure what I will do yet. Peyton is in Earth's Best diapers atm bc I told dh I do not want to cd while mil was here. He was like I do not understand the connection. I said, "one less load of laundry or less thing I have to worry about whilr she is here."

Hopefully Peyton will PT by tomorrow--LOL!
Ive been over it for months. I felt guilty at first, but I'm over that too. We use huggies natural, I like them.

I kept alll my prefolds and flip covers and my imse vimse newbie covers. I'll prob start out cding with the next baby, but I will not feel bad or guilty if I dont stick with it again.

Mary was such a fussy baby and most of my energu went into keeping her as content and comfortable as possible, shes happy now buy old habits die hard

Advertisement

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #52
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 chat--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear I am not the only one!
Naomi-We bought them when MIL came and now I do not want to switch back!
Melissa- I am definately thinking that if we have another I am not cding.

I do feel somewhat guily but if I can get an eco-friendly less junk in them diapers I think I will be fine with it.

Last edited by dagmomma; 08-14-2012 at 06:05 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #53
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yep, little bit. It started out that disposables were really few and far between, but now cloth is. I bought pockets in cute cartoon prints too. Oh well. I bought Honest diapers. They work fine. They are super pricey. I only tried them because I got a deal. But seriously, I think Target diapers are about the same. They don't have chlorine, etc. They don't have a scent and the stars are cute.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #54
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
Yep, little bit. It started out that disposables were really few and far between, but now cloth is. I bought pockets in cute cartoon prints too. Oh well. I bought Honest diapers. They work fine. They are super pricey. I only tried them because I got a deal. But seriously, I think Target diapers are about the same. They don't have chlorine, etc. They don't have a scent and the stars are cute.
I like Target diapers but I did not relize they were chlorine free?
That is tremendously cheaper.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #55
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Nope no cloth on this bum. Well, this baby's bum. Harper has been in pampers sensitives for months. I actually put a pf on her about three weeks ago to try one last time but after four minutes she peed, started to scream bloody murder and was grabbing the diaper like it was burning her. Apparently it was, bc she had the worst red skin for days.

I'm also done feeling guilty. I loved cloth with DS but it's not working with dd. And that's okay! I have nearly sold our entire stash of fitteds. I still need to unload the pockets and pfs but haven't gotten to it.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #56
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Okay little friend..... Don't let me down today!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #57
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Okay little friend..... Don't let me down today!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #58
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OH so today is the 1st day of school for the boys. I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! I am not sure what I am going to do with myself. It is only 9-12:30 But OMG PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #59
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love all the pics!
Happy Birthday to all those who turned one!
We are on and off cding. The poop is killing me! I'll get on a kick where I'll cd for a few days and then we'll get busy doing things away from the house, and it's just easier to throw a sposie on her. I've always used them at night, so we always have them in the house.
My oldest 2 just went back to school...first grade and kindergarten. My 3 year old starts preschool next week. It will just be me and Brynn on some days..crazy! I don't know why but I am really depressed about Brynn turning one this weekend. She has grown so fast! I guess because she is my last. I am still breastfeeding her, but she wants to nurse less and less. She doesn't fall asleep nursing anymore either..she just pushes off of me to get in her crib. I've even talked to dh about having another...he is against it, and I agree to a point. Just having a hard time transitioning out if baby mode.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #60
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Here are my schoolers this morning

Nathan goes back to prek on Monday and will be 4 hours a day, 3 days a week. I'm looking forward to the time with Harper!

Carrie, I am also having a hard time with Harper getting older. Se'll be one tomorrow and it's so bittersweet. We are definitely not having anymore unless by adoption later in life but this could very well be the last baby for us. It's hard to realize with every milestone that it's the last time she will 'xyz'. That being said, I am enjoying my new little toddler.