Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

quick detergent question

All my diapers are dirty and i have run out of rockin green. Can i use ecos? I have pockets and aios if it matters.

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: quick detergent question

You can use anything in the world. Use whatever you use on your clothes. There is no such thing as CD safe detergent. If it gets them clean, it's safe and it most certainly will not harm your diapers.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
You can use anything in the world. Use whatever you use on your clothes. There is no such thing as CD safe detergent. If it gets them clean, it's safe and it most certainly will not harm your diapers.
This exactly!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
8arrows
Registered Users
seller

Why do you say anything is CD safe? Is it just a matter of thoughrough rinsing? At least that is what i have learned from trying regular detergents like original Tide and All Free&Clear. They have way too much soap residue left leaving stinky diapers. Rinsing seems to be what matters most. And, "CD safe" detergents seem to rinse much easier. Anyway, i have never heard anyone say, "use whatever".
8arrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
PBAki
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Hard water you want to be careful especially if it's very hard water as non-residue free detergent will have hard time rinsing out completely without having to rinse multiple times. If you have soft water, you can pretty much get away with anything in theory.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8arrows View Post
Why do you say anything is CD safe? Is it just a matter of thoughrough rinsing? At least that is what i have learned from trying regular detergents like original Tide and All Free&Clear. They have way too much soap residue left leaving stinky diapers. Rinsing seems to be what matters most. And, "CD safe" detergents seem to rinse much easier. Anyway, i have never heard anyone say, "use whatever".
I don't know, I've been using Tide F&G for a year, never had to strip, no issues with leaking, no ammonia issues...
Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAki View Post
Hard water you want to be careful especially if it's very hard water as non-residue free detergent will have hard time rinsing out completely without having to rinse multiple times. If you have soft water, you can pretty much get away with anything in theory.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8arrows View Post
Because the idea that one would need to use special detergents and multiple rinses is based on many fallacies. It all depends on your washer and water quality. For most people with hard water the problem is often that they do not use enough detergent. If you had soft water you would want to be careful and use something that is lower residue but that is the opposite of the case with hard water. If you stick around here you will hear almost everyone say "use whatever" LOL! There is no special trick or method to cleaning diapers. Some detergents work for some people and not for others. I would say far and away more people have success with mainstream detergents though. I've been using Tide for YEARS with zero problems. No complex routine, no extra rinses etc.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
oojoyjoy
Registered Users
seller

If it really matters to you that your detergent be "CD safe", ECOS is listed as safe on Pin Stripes and Polka Dots. The F&C version at least.

http://pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm
oojoyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
8arrows
Registered Users
seller

Cool Re: quick detergent question

I would say far and away more people have success with mainstream detergents though. I've been using Tide for YEARS with zero problems. No complex routine, no extra rinses etc.

so, do you have hard or soft water then? Tide has always caused me stink issues and i have hard water. and, how do you guys grab someone elses message and repost it like that? i had to copy paste and highlight
8arrows is offline   Reply With Quote