Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
carazoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Items needed for new baby, anything you want to splurge on?

I'm due at the very end of march, sorry for the intrusion. we won't need a single thing If this baby is a boy. If it's a girl, a bunch of clothes. Possibly a new monitor and a toddler bed for my son to move into so the newborn can have the sidecarred crib.

My wish list would be some more muslin blankets (girly if we get lucky) and maybe a few more infant diapers. We already have an extra new convertible car seat and newish bucket seat and a jogging stroller so we're pretty much set with the big ticket items.

Advertisement

Wife to Reed, &, select & delayed-vaxing, babywearing, non-circ'ing, co-sleeping Mommy to Gabriel (June 3, 2010), Stepmom to Dagan(11) Expecting baby #2 in MARCH
carazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #12
MarzipanCat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hopefully, this will be our first -- so we basically have nothing. I have a few (literally like 5) pieces of clothing I bought during pregnancy #1 (which, it having been a year, will actually be seasonally appropriate). I also have about 35 hand-me-down diapers (mostly one-size pockets, a few flips, prefolds, and goodmamas), and have been promised a friend's entire stash of cloth, which is something like 80 one size pockets - she had 2 kids close in age! She barely used them either because her washing machine broke and she started using disposables. So if nothing else, this bub will have plenty of places to poo.
MarzipanCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

SBISH!!!!!! I can't wait to start buying more. Itti bitty wool covers and maybe a few snapless minis and OBFs. My dd is 21 m and I already have a lot of diapers, so just some small ones and some small wool.

We don't do a crib and already have pretty much everything else. I think I might want to splurge on a Britax B-ready stroller with the extra seat because DD will be 2.5 and I think will still want to ride. Oh, and a Carseat. (not bucket).
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got rid of everything 16 months ago when 3rd was born! I have nada! No maternity clothes,nothj ng. I'll be getting a sit n stand for sure
Old 08-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
That is cool!

BTW this site is in Russian and my stroller is more navy with red but this is my larger stroller. http://www.baby-steps.ru/shop/49.html
Nice one!
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

lets see we have NO baby things but our wood cradle. So we have to buy everything. Since this is our last baby I am going to get everything that I want
Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
egyptian_mommy
Registered Users

I don't need much. I have 2 boys and a girl already and still have pretty much everything. I will need a new car seat as I gave my daughter's seat to a mom who needed it. And we need a new highchair. Most of our equipment has been through three babies and is still great, but the highchair needs replacing. I still have clothes for either gender too although I will buy some new things too. My 'splurge' is going to be cloth diapers. This will be my first time cloth diapering from birth.
egyptian_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only need an infant car seat... None of the fun shopping I had with my first! =(

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
I got rid of everything 16 months ago when 3rd was born! I have nada! No maternity clothes,nothj ng. I'll be getting a sit n stand for sure
this is where I am....I am going to be going to the Just between friends sale to get me some maternity stuff next month. I have never been pregnant in the cold months so this will be all new to me. It doesn't really get that cold in San Diego, but CO is a whole another things. I need a coat...what do you do for that?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

If its a girl we need clothes. Otherwise just a picture diaper. I will splurge on yarn if its a girl!