Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
Re: My c-section story (scary) and hematoma/infection questions

Hi mama, depending on how infected the incision is it might be better to let them reopen it and drain it, if they need to do this ask them about a wound vac insted of re closing it. So sorry you are going through this. Although obviously not from a c-section my DH has had several infected surgical incisions and this is what we found always worked the best for him.

Advertisement

Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #12
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Hey mama,
How are you doing this week? Has your infection subsided?
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stopped the antibiotics (made her spit up) and haven't had a fever since. Still have lots of bruising and pain and the hard huge mass in my belly, but bruising is getting better. Still on 1 percoset every 4 hours. Thanks for checking on me, mama. My belly button looks good though - it's really the hematoma, not incisions, that is most painful.
Doc has seen me every other day for about a week and now going to a once a week visit. Hoping to keep doing better. Lost 10 lbs in water in 5 days!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stopped the antibiotics (made her spit up) and haven't had a fever since. Still have lots of bruising and pain and the hard huge mass in my belly, but bruising is getting better. Still on 1 percoset every 4 hours. Thanks for checking on me, mama. My belly button looks good though - it's really the hematoma, not incisions, that is most painful.
Doc has seen me every other day for about a week and now going to a once a week visit. Hoping to keep doing better. Lost 10 lbs in water in 5 days!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad you are taking the percoset around the clock. The doc told me, "You won't be a hero if you don't take the medicine. You'll just be in pain." when I told him I was trying to wean off the pain meds when he took my staples out on day 5. haha. I felt SO much better when I went back on them as needed.

Thank goodness some of that water weight is coming off! You had so much swelling from the sound of it and that coupled with iv fluids, I'm sure you were so uncomfortable! Hang in there.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:

wow..this is so scary mama. Im praying for you.I had a csection five months ago myself.
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh momma I'm sorry this has been so hard on you. Please take it easy and let your body heal. Just enjoy that time with your new babe and let your help take care of everything else. I will keep you in my prayers, praying for quick and thorough healing.

If you do end up on antibiotics again a good probiotic would be good to take to help keep you and babies guts healthy.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you mama~[]
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

o mama- how did i miss this? i feel so badly for you! we were both trying to get our babies turned at the same time for awhile there!!! i wish i could help you irl- sounds like you've been through a war. HUGS and PRAYERS from here. My biggest prayer is that soon this will resolve, pain under control, so you can just enjoy your new baby.

hang in there- you are one tough lady.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
luvmybabyboys
Registered Users

Hi,
I was just googling hematoma and c-section and your story popped up. I have been dealing with a c-section/hematoma recovery.. typically I am not a person that posts but I felt compelled to say hello and wish you the best. I have a 2 month old son now and had a hematoma develop while in the hospital after my c-section delivery. My story was not as deep as yours with the extra issues but I did have a tap block that did work well. My dr didnt have much reason for the hematoma developing she had thought the anesthesiologist might have caused some issues while doing the tap block though.. anyways so I have this hematoma that the bruising is still painful to touch but the color has mostly returned to normal and still a lump under the skin. Just this past week the dr cauterized it and said it has the potential to reopen.. but so far so good. Anyways just want you to know this all sucks, be sure you have help and it will get better! Enjoy that baby of yours and I wish you the best.
luvmybabyboys is offline   Reply With Quote