Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My c-section story (scary) and hematoma/infection questions

OH, mama! I'm so sorry! Glad to hear from you! I wonder if it was the TAP block? It is over my hip on one side but goes up to my belly button. It's all still hard, swollen and more grey now there. Why did you have to have it cauterized? How did they do that? Surgery? Did they have to knock you out? It must have started again then? Praying for you and hope your healing continues! Email me if you want since you're not a DS person - aliss_edwards@yahoo.com. Thanks for your post! Hugs!

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #22
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

So sorry you had to go through all of that! Hope you continue to heal. I have an umbilical hernia and am consulting with a general surgeon soon to determine if it can be repaired during my c-section in December. This makes me so nervous!! Any suggestions/advice? Has your Dr told you why the repair ended up taking so long? Was the repair done by your OB or a general surgeon?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #23
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A general surgeon. My biggest suggestion is to have them just do the repair through the belly button and NOT try to do it from underneath by going through your c-section incision. That's what they tried to do with mine and I think that's where the vessels were severed and they were still unsuccessful in doing it that way. I think they were in there so long sucking out all the blood and stuff from it. In the end, they had to do it from outside and the scar is so small. THat's my biggest regret. I would have said NO, just do it from the outside like normal. My c-section should have been 30 minutes. An umbilical repair should be 10 to 15. Good luck mama. Hope yours goes smoothly.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #24
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks so much!! I'll be sure to ask how they plan to go about it.

Best of luck to you!!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
luvmybabyboys
Registered Users

Hi,
I bookmarked this page so I wouldnt get lost. This is a great site and idea.. anyways, my dr wouldnt say but she did suggest it could have been caused by the tapblock. My anesthesiologist did this post surgery and was fiddling around with the needle in my hips I was watching it not feeling any pain but it took a long time for him to find the right nerve area to let the tap block go.. odd I thought, so did my husband. As for the cauterizing, it was super simple because the opening was so small the dr let it drain and run its course on its own she finally said it was taking too long to heal and was going to cauterize it, by the time I figured out what that meant, the dr ran out to get like a loong match type thing that was just charcoaly at the tip and hot and just closed it up no pain medication or knocking me out, probably because it was small. I didnt feel it because I am still numb over that area from the csection and I never really regained feeling from my csection with my two year old. So I guess it worked out. I still have a lump and today I actually did a small grocery shopping trip with my two year old and two month old..anyways, keep on healing lady. I will check back periodically and I hope you continue to heal. Take it easy, no matter how hard it is and remember how fantastic it is to have that baby of yours. I know that was my slice of happiness while dealing with an oozy hematoma mess on what once was a gorgeous body hehehe kidding.. funny to say though.
luvmybabyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry and hope you are strong again soon.
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #27
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabyboys View Post
Hi,
I bookmarked this page so I wouldnt get lost. This is a great site and idea.. anyways, my dr wouldnt say but she did suggest it could have been caused by the tapblock. My anesthesiologist did this post surgery and was fiddling around with the needle in my hips I was watching it not feeling any pain but it took a long time for him to find the right nerve area to let the tap block go.. odd I thought, so did my husband. As for the cauterizing, it was super simple because the opening was so small the dr let it drain and run its course on its own she finally said it was taking too long to heal and was going to cauterize it, by the time I figured out what that meant, the dr ran out to get like a loong match type thing that was just charcoaly at the tip and hot and just closed it up no pain medication or knocking me out, probably because it was small. I didnt feel it because I am still numb over that area from the csection and I never really regained feeling from my csection with my two year old. So I guess it worked out. I still have a lump and today I actually did a small grocery shopping trip with my two year old and two month old..anyways, keep on healing lady. I will check back periodically and I hope you continue to heal. Take it easy, no matter how hard it is and remember how fantastic it is to have that baby of yours. I know that was my slice of happiness while dealing with an oozy hematoma mess on what once was a gorgeous body hehehe kidding.. funny to say though.
I never thought about that - and since my TAP block didn't work at all, that might make sense - and I am so glad iI didn't let him try AGAIN like he wanted to. On a separate note, my spine has constant pain where I had the epidural, just an extra crappy thing I have to deal with. I'm one month and one week out, and still very bruised, grey and purpley and still have the hardness and lump across from one hip to another and up to my belly button. I'm moving better though. Still very stiff and uncomfortable, especially in the morning when I wake up and then around 7 p.m. just from the day. I take my IB and percoset just those two times a day, but I'm glad I have them.

Yeah, I hear you. LOL "gorgeous body" I'm actually 137 - just a pound over my pre-prego weight. But this looks SO different.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybug1 View Post
That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry and hope you are strong again soon.
Thanks, mama!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
luvmybabyboys
Registered Users

Hi,
How are you coming along? Healing? I hope so! The good news is post that cauterizing my opening is still closed and the lump is still going away. I hope to hear you are doing better.. really I do. I still have odd soreness where the bad bruising was and it feels hard in there, I jokingly laugh that they left something in there during the c section.. but I probably shouldnt say such a thing.. geez who knows!
luvmybabyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #30
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you are so sweet - i am same EXACTLY. still grey and hard under belly button/above pubic area. I still take a percoset (i only have a few left now) around 7 pm, I just get so sore from the day. I think some core work would help, but I dont think I'm recovered enough for that. My daughter is 9 weeks today. How long has it been for you? wonder how long it will take to get better...