Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Mama-to-Elle+One
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
gDiapers: questions.. Help!!!

We just recently started CD'ing our newest baby.. He is almost 4 weeks and almost 9lbs. We started with gDiapers for the ease of finding them
and we liked that they were sized and offered a trim fit.. Anyway..

We've gotta be doing something wrong, they leave marks on him, bad. I can see elastic marks from the pouch, little indents from the buttons on the pouches, etc.

Were using size S and they are supposed to fit through 14lbs so at under 9 I can't imagine it's because he's too big, he's not even chunky.

Has anyone run into this issue? Should we just sell them and try something else? Any help is appreciated. Thank you ladies!

Advertisement

Last edited by Mama-to-Elle+One; 07-20-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Spelling errors, thank you iPhone.. ;)
Mama-to-Elle+One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: gDiapers: questions.. Help!!!

These are very common complaints about the gDiaper system - I'm still baffled why after 4 years of complaints they haven't fixed the fundamental design flaws. I started with gDiapers 3 1/2 years ago, from them I switched to GroBaby (Which has since rebranded to GroVia) and was so happy with them that three years later my diapers stash is still 90% GroVia.

You should probably try a few other styles to see if there is something else you like more. I see you are in Portland, check out Eco Baby Gear, they have in store fluff so you can touch and feel.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Mama-to-Elle+One
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you very much. I was leaning grovia before but went gDiapers, dangit!! I will check out that store.
Mama-to-Elle+One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #4
nurture_nurture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We've had similar experience.

You may also want to check out Peachy Green Diapers. They're the ones we settled on. A little more pricey, but much nicer than the Grovia.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
nurture_nurture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

You may be doing the velcro too tight. Just place the velcro where it,naturally falls. It will fit like an underwear waistband so not tight.

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe
Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #6
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic View Post
You may be doing the velcro too tight. Just place the velcro where it,naturally falls. It will fit like an underwear waistband so not tight.

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe
Agreeing with this. They don't need to be pulled tight at all!

Also, my LO had chunky thighs and sized out of gDiapers before the stated weight. Smalls didn't last long at all. While I was using gDiapers, I really liked them and they worked well for us for the most part. We didn't have many issues at all. I used WAHM cloth inserts since the gDiaper inserts seemed to hold nothing for us.

We've gone from gDiapers to prefolds w/ a cover (and occasionally a disposable insert for out and about). I absolutely love Flips. I like the flexibility of the hybrid system, but love Flips. They seem a lot less messy for us.

Good luck, mama!
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Don't forget though that sometimes your socks might leave red marks on your ankles. The backside of the button on your jeans might leave a mark on your stomach. As long as nothing is actually diggin in, its probably fine.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
jOEsMaMa
Registered Users

I am having the same issue with my son. he is about 9 pounds and at first they would leak every time (using gcloth by the way). maybe he was too skinny. it would leave red marks where the liner was crumpled on his back.

i put them away for 2 weeks and just tried them again trying to pull up the liner like underwear and now he gets the red snap marks?

i have other diapers here like PF, FB Elite, FB smalls, and BG and yes they all leave what I consider to be the sock-like red marks around his waist and legs. I thought that part was normal with cloth diapers? ..but the snap red marks are different. his skin looks bright red.. I was really hoping to use these but I think he will grow out of them before I find a solution!
jOEsMaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #9
jOEsMaMa
Registered Users

I forgot to add that I saw someone sewed fleece to cover the snaps but I have no time to do that.
jOEsMaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #10
MaMaJodiapers
Registered Users

My Mood:

i never liked G diapers
- the plasticky inside always left bad marks
- leaked

i wanted to love them - but the outside is not PUL and the inside is like a nylon- not good for us at alll