Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #31
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Whatever happened to "Congratulations"?

By the religious background thing I meant that some faiths really emphasize having children and not using birth control. When you are in a faith base that only allows NFP (natural family planning) you tend to have more kids. But we think that is fine because kids are a blessing, not a curse

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5

Fear not! I've used that comment many a time myself. Usually people either shut up real quick or laugh. I think if they have the audacity to make the comments they do, the answer is completely fine. You're married for pete's sake! A friend of mine just yesterday told me that a friend of hers was pregnant with # 7 and of course was getting all of the comments. She responded with "my husband just can't keep his hands off me" (and this was someone from my church). I personally thought it was funny.

Children are a blessing but unfortunately in this society children tend to me viewed as an infringement on "me time". I will say that I believe not everyone is called to have a big family but those that are should be respected.
I use that, too! And so does dh. Someone says "ya'll know what causes that don't you?" he says " yeah! And I LIKE it! ". (big smile of course). Most people laugh hysterically but he works with several snooty people at his office and he says a couple of the nosy women that said that comment to him turned red and wallked off when he said "yeah and I like it". HA!!!!

Now people AsKmif we are gonna have more. I usually say "why, do you think we should?". It takes them off guard.

CONGRATS OP!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #33
hmurrant
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chello View Post
I've gotten
"what are you, rabbits?!"
"oh my goodness, can't you tell your husband no means no?"
and I'm just about due with #4. Yeah. I've started just looking at them and asking "did that sound like a nice thing to say in your head?"

I love this response!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #34
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Got a new one, our in-laws were told we are expecting this week and they had a very negative response. They lectured me on my "bad health" which I have no idea where they got that from because I am super super healthy, I think it has to do with our miscarriage. Then they asked my hubby if he really wanted to do it again and to "think about it" when he asked what they are talking about I was shocked, seriously people the big A? We WANTED this baby and I would never KILL my baby. What the hell?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #35
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations Mama! People are so insensitive!!!
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #36
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry momma! Congrats and some people have no common sense anymore. It is a happy time and MC's happen if your healthy or not. Hugs and a happy healthy pregnancy.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #37
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congratulations! We are only on 3 in 4 years, but I haven't gotten too many nasty comments. I'm sure when I'm pg with #4 the comments will increase. When people ask 'You know what causesthat right?' I reply with 'Yeah, shame we like it so much.' And if someone asks if we're done, I'll say 'Nope, we're already practicing for #4.' On a sidenote, if it's someone who doesn't have kids I give them a pass because they've probably never thought about it sounds from the expectant parent's perspective.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #38
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes
I got so sick of the comments when pregnant with 3&4.
We were at a friends house warming and some idiot says " number 4? Don't you know what causes that?!"
I replies snarkily that " ya we're really good at it too"
I am ROTF.... Love it.

When we announced # 4 one person asked if we were breeding a work force and one of my now ex-friends just replied "ha ha". My own mother also tells me we should stop after the birth of every baby yet is thrilled to death every time we tell her I am preggers again... Dunno.

Congrats to all the mama's of many. Just means we have plenty of love to go around.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Congrats!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #40
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry some people are such jerks. I've had rude reactions from strangers before. I just don't get it. I love that there are still kind people out there though. DH and I took the kids to the beach on Sunday and when we were getting out of the car a woman and her friend were taking a walk and she stopped, admired my kids, looked at my belly and said "And you're having another? You are lucky!". She said it with genuine kindness and it truly made my day. It's not anyone else's business how many kids you have. If people say they don't want kids or "only" want one, I don't make rude statements. Their life, their choice. I believe in being honest but that doesn't mean you blurt out every thought that comes into your head.

Congratulations!! I'm happy for you and I hope to be pregnant with #5 someday.