Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #41
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whatever happened to "Congratulations"?

HUGE CONGRATS!! All babies are super exciting and should be celebrated! If I had my way, Id say the more the merrier!! But DP is stuck on having 2... though I *think* I may be on my way to convinicing of a 3rd someday... but first we need to get to #2.. can you tell im a planner? lol!

I think as long as children have parents who want them, love them and can take good care of them, then they can have as many as they want. Im sorry people can be so rude

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #42
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's really sad how our society views fertility as an illness that needs to be "treated" and pregnancy as an inconvenience. I love hearing when people have big families, and I hope we can keep growing ours (we're due with #4 in a few weeks)!

So, congratulations, mama! I'm very happy for you!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #43
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to let you all know how this thread encouraged me. I am 8wks pg with #6 and I haven't told any of my family. DH and I do not have supportive people in our lives who view children as the real blessings that we seem them as. So we decided to just let people figure it out or let the kids spill the beans as the topic comes up.

I think I'm going to change that. I feel like by shielding ourselves from people's ugliness we are somehow also robbing the world of the possible impact our genuine joy could have on others.

Thank you all for sharing your perspectives.

P.S. When people ask DH is he knows what causes that, he replies, "Yeah, I know. She can't keep her hands off me." I usually say "Yes, and we're getting pretty good at it" or "Well, when a man and woman love each other..."
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #44
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats on the baby 4dramamamma. I am glad your not keeping it a secret. Babies are a blessing and as such should be celebrated always!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #45
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Congrats on the baby 4dramamamma. I am glad your not keeping it a secret. Babies are a blessing and as such should be celebrated always!
Thank you. You are very sweet to reply.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #46
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama

Thank you. You are very sweet to reply.
Your welcome. We are done having kids after only 2 but we know this is our limit given our circumstance. I suffer from severe anxiety and PTSD so anymore might push me over my edge and I feel that is to much a risk. I would love another one and love watching mommas who have many.

I think that a mom who has many or even multiples that have to have and be the most patient and caring mom in the world!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #47
MomMe3
Registered Users

Babies really are blessings. When I had my last one (#3) no one had anything nice to say and now people keep asking me whether we're done or saying they hope we're done. People can be so rude and unthoughtful. As long as you're happy that's all that matters.
MomMe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #48
DaniDeeBeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:

congrats!!! I just had my fifth in June and everyone is asking me why I have gotten my tubes tied!! its horrible. Its so sad that this is what comes out of people's mouths. The only reason someone should ask me that IMO is because they are supporting us financially. That's it!
DaniDeeBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #49
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats on your newest to be!

I got a lot of negative comments as well. We have 3 girls. DD1 and DD2 are 15 months apart, then DD2 and DD3 are 18 months apart. Instead of congratulating us on our 3 under 3, people (including family) told us we were not being responsible, asked how we could afford them all, asked if we were going to keep trying for a boy (we were thrilled when we found out our 3rd was another girl and would be perfectly happy if we have another girl if another child is in the cards for us!), etc. etc. I'm not sure we even got one congrats when we announced we were expecting DD3. People are just rude.

But, who cares what they say, just love on those little ones! All of them!

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #50
swankybaby
Registered Users
seller

congrats to you! this happened with #3 and even worse with #4.
i got the "jeez, was that planned?"
no one even came to see us in the hospital after i had #4. people don't think. just because i have X kids doesn't mean that each one isn't special!
swankybaby is offline   Reply With Quote