Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did your pedi fire you?

my older kids' ped has NO problem with no vaxxing.....however, they fired me for not getting vit K done! Like, when I tried to bring my 2 yr old as a nb there, they said they couldn't accept him as a patient unless I let them do the shot (I should have just taken him at 8 days instead of day 2!). Craziness. THEN, they called me every day for a week to "make sure I was getting him to a ped" bc they were certain NO doctor would see a baby without their vitamin k shot. I took him to my family doc at like a week or so old and the old ped was seriously calling all the time- like why was it their business if they didn't even accept him as a patient? So I now take him and everyone else to my family dr.

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #32
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
...for delayed/selectively/non-vaxing?

I've pretty much decided I want to delay & selectively vax Faolan but I really, really like my pedi and I'm so scared she'll fire me. I keep putting off making his 2 month appointment because I'm not looking forward to this fight, the lecture, or possibly getting fired.
i would go over to MDC finding your tribe area and ask what peds are good in your area for delay/non vax and just switch drs if you are worried they will report you
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #33
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you could probably also call the office and just ask what their policy is on that to see if they will even hassle you in the first place
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #34
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, our first pediatrician did. "I" fired our 2nd pediatrician whenever she accused me of being ignorant "like so many parents are" to the real benefits of vaccines. Our 3rd and 4th have been okay with it.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #35
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Um no. They don't do that here. They offer advice, we choose to take it or leave it but it's our choice at the end of the day. Now if I consistently didn't take my doctor's advice they might suggest I find someone who was more in line with what I wanted but they wouldn't refuse to see me or my kids.

Sounds like some of these doctors have quite the egos frankly.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #36
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, but it helps that we rarely go anyway. I did recently get a call reminding me that my daughter , who has never been vaccinated, was due for a flu shot...and I said, "well, we don't vaccinate, so I won't be getting that," and the lady on the phone acted really confused. She pretty much just hung up on me...
Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #37
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Small town with two pediatricians here...our ped doesn't care that we delay/selectively vax and has been very understanding & willing to work with us on it. Our insurance charges every "shot" visit as a well-visit and *does* limit those throughout the year...so he bills it as all of our shots being done at once, then just has me come in for shots on the schedule that he & I have worked out, and doesn't charge us for the "well-visit" even though we're taking up his time on those days. our ped!! The other pediatrician in our town covers for our ped when he is out of town or has a day off...she flat out refuses to let any of my children in her office because we delay/selectively vax...if our ped is out of town and one of my kids gets sick, we have to wait it out until he gets back, or go the ER. She says that my children are "petri dishes" (aren't all kids, really?? lol) and will make all of her patients sick
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #38
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
No we got fired from a pulmonologist who was treating dd for severe asthma...don't get me started.

Eta: our ped is fine with not vaxing

Last edited by TalkinBoutMyGirl; 08-03-2012 at 05:31 PM.
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #39
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Nope. Our ped just suggested we delay mmr until age 2 so that I can make a more comfortable decision (we delay but I have some reservations). He says, better to make sure before you give it because you cant take it back.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Yes. He did. Which was okay, cause that's within his rights. BUT it DID tick me off because we had a meeting the month before my daughter was born to make sure he was okay with our stance on vaccines. We'd been seeing him with our son for three years and he was never thrilled, but he let us do our thing. So, we though it'd be much better to just move on if he wasn't happy, but he ASSURED us that it was fine. He again reiterated that he thought we were wrong, but it was our decision, etc. I was pretty ticked to receive a certified letter when baby girl was ten months. It was not super nice, especially after we specifically made an appointment (that we paid for) to talk about it before hand. Ho hum.