Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Herbal supplements and UA

As a household, we're slowly making the shift to natural remedies (starting with essential oils and herbal tinctures). DH has just one concern: urinary analysis. Since he works at a residential facility for at-risk youth, he (understandably) has to submit to routine random UA.

Now, I've begun introducing glycerine-tincture multivitamins (Original Herbal Minerals by Trilight Health) and certain immune-boosting formulas (same company. We're also toying with the NRG formula (reportedly safe for pregnant/BF'ing mamas) to help him kick the caffiene habit (he works the swing shift).
I've operated on the assumption that if the formulas pass charter herbalist standards for "pregnancy-safe", they shouldn't cause him to pop hot ... but does anyone know a good resource for finding this kind of information ...? I do have "the Little Herb Encyclopedia," but all it does is list uses and contraindications, not necessarily what the herb might mimic. :/

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Not sure I understand.

But generally speaking drug tests aren't super sensitive and are very specific. He's not going to test positive for illegal drugs if you aren't using any.

There is no relationship between whether something is bad for pregnancy, and if it is a problem on a drug test. Caffeine and Bleu cheese aren't safe for pregnancy, and nursing women shouldn't take aspirin... It's two irrelevant worlds.

Last edited by TrennaII; 08-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Herbal supplements and UA

lol - sorry about that. I meant in the sense of "mimicking" a substance (such as a metabolic enhancer or obvious phyto-hormone; for instance, he can't do anything with deer antler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Not sure I understand.

But generally speaking drug tests aren't super sensitive and are very specific. He's not going to test positive for illegal drugs if you aren't using any.

There is no relationship between whether something is bad for pregnancy, and if it is a problem on a drug test. Caffeine and Bleu cheese aren't safe for pregnancy, and nursing women shouldn't take aspirin... It's two irrelevant worlds.