Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
ldsmom06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How many outfits per child?

I am trying not to over buy anymore and save money. I am wondering how many outfits I need for each child for back to school? ideas of what kind is helpful too. We moved to in a warm climate if that matters. I have an almost 6 yr old ds going into 1st grade, A 4 1/2 yr dd and almost 3 yr old dd going to a very nature oriented montessori preschool and i don't need anything for the baby. My 4 1/2 yr old is very hard to fit and usually wears hanna andersson play dresses but they changed their style and the new ones don't work out. She also can't wear jeans they just don't fit her. The other 2 kids are much easier to fit. Any ideas? Thanks

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many outfits per child?

ooo...watching this because I was wondering too! I only have DS1 to buy for, but I want to make sure he has enough to go a decent amount of time between repeats, but still be able to keep his current clothes for play only. I was thinking 9 outfits here...he goes 3 days a week, so that means 3 weeks. Though I'm sure most people think that it doesn't matter at that age, but it's important to me lol
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Depends on you laundry style. I do several loads probably every other day. At most the kids will have 3 outfits dirty. I find that the kids needfewer outfits then i thought. I would probably expect to need 8 outfits for a 5 day a week schedule. Also, one outfit that gets left at school/in the backpack for the pre school kiddos. Too bad you didn't ask a couple weeks ago. Gymbo had some great outfits $4.99 for each shirt and short. Their qua,ity is great for frequent washing. I would avoid carters brand clothing. For dresses i have found some good stuff for my skinny kiddo at old navy. (Don't know if you need skinny or not).

Eta..if you are worried about repeats then maybe double my number. Or get basic bottoms and then switch up the shirts for variety.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 08-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Depends on you laundry style. I do several loads probably every other day. At most the kids will have 3 outfits dirty. I find that the kids needfewer outfits then i thought. I would probably expect to need 8 outfits for a 5 day a week schedule. Also, one outfit that gets left at school/in the backpack for the pre school kiddos. Too bad you didn't ask a couple weeks ago. Gymbo had some great outfits $4.99 for each shirt and short. Their qua,ity is great for frequent washing. I would avoid carters brand clothing. For dresses i have found some good stuff for my skinny kiddo at old navy. (Don't know if you need skinny or not).

Eta..if you are worried about repeats then maybe double my number. Or get basic bottoms and then switch up the shirts for variety.
their back to school sale starts soon though...this week I think??
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh I'm no help but this is what I will be buying for fall/winter. 10 pairs of jeans, 10 short sleeve, 5 long sleeve, 2 hoodies, 1 jacket, 2 packs of socks and undies, 3 warm pj's, 2 pairs of sneakers. All this for DS1 who is almost six and will be going to first grade. DS2 stays home with me so he gets even less lol! The baby is all set for the season. =)
Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I typically buy a week's worth for each child knowing that they will need t-shirts/shorts for the first weeks and then when it cools off I buy the bulk of their school clothes.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I di few. Loads a week plus tops& bottoms unterchangeable helps.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son is almost 5. He has probably 8-10 pairs of shorts and probably double that in tshirts. I wash his clothes usually once a week. During the winter we have the same amount of pants and long sleeve shirts, plus two light jackets and one heavier jacket. We're in Texas so it's not cold really, but it's easier to wear long sleeves than a jacket. I'm not worried about repeats. Or matching for that matter. He has mainly solid color bottoms plus standards like khaki and blue jean, then I buy fun shirts. Oh plus he has probably four strictly church/nice outfits that are not worn for playtime.
WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

My minimum for my boys are 8 tops and 4 bottoms, basically 8 outfits. My boys just started school this week and are in 1st grade & Kindergarten. They wear a polo and dress shorts everyday (we live in Hawaii and they each own only 1 pair of pants.) I buy a pack of plain white socks for each of them so I don't have to worry about finding matches or losing a pair each time one sock is lost. My daughter is not in school yet, but I think for her I would probably do 3 dresses, 5 tops (polos) and 3 bottoms. Our school does not require the polos, it is just a "requirement" that DH & I impose ourselves. For play/weekend clothing, our boys have 3 pairs of athletic shorts and a variety of t-shirts - mostly gifted.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not going to be any help. My kids have a ton of clothes.

DS has 23 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of jeans , 1 pair of overalls ,2 pairs of khaki pants, and 3 pair of black pants. 44 t-shirts & 12 polos . 10 pairs of pj's

DD Has
20 dresses ,45 shirts ,26 bottoms , 11 leggings , 5 pairs of short shorts (for under dresses) 10 pairs of nightgowns and pj's

They could live with about half as much so My minimum would be 10 tops and bottoms

Last edited by AbbieJack; 08-02-2012 at 02:46 PM.
AbbieJack is offline   Reply With Quote