Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tattler lids

Just read on a blog I follow that Tattler is doing a 30% off labor day sale on cases of lids. So $70 on the normally $100 case. But they aren't offering free shipping with this deal. http://www.reusablecanninglids.com/s....php/shop.html In case anyone is interested. I just used mine for the first time a few days ago. So far so good.

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tattler lids

THANK YOU! While for long term storage I hated mine they are nice to have to just save a *few* of my lids for immediate (like less then 3 months) Use!!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why did you hate them for long term storage?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

quoting myself

Originally Posted by igotmywings
I pressure can and water bath can. 1in 10 would not seal which I am okay with. That one of whatever I was canning I could just use right away. However, about 4 months or so AFTER they were canned I checked on a few of my items and 1 in 4 had come UN-SEALED. I wrote the company, They sent me more. SAME THING AGAIN. My sister and mother in law both have the same issues.

Most of my family have issues with them. I have a better success rate with water bath then I do pressure canner (which from what I read tends to be a lot of peoples issues with them is when they use a pressure canner)..

But I figured even if I just used them for my *using soon* batches I would be okay because it will still save me money. Although For long term storage I do not think they are worth the money. I just can't trust them. if SHTF I can't have my hard work end up in spoils.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
Old 09-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That stinks. I at least want them to get to next year. Maybe I'll get lucky. I haven't used them in the pressure canner yet- because I haven't figured it out yet.

We've been getting commercially canned stuff for our SHTF or stuff that we can repackage in myler and buckets. Our home canned we just want them to get us to the next years crop. We have extra jams and stuff so while I'd rather not lose any we'd still be ok. I've been freezing all my low acid because I can't figure out the canner. Really want a dehydrator- dd has food allergies so we can't get most commercially dried food.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ya know I haven't tried them for my dehydrated items yet. thats my next test actually. I think the vast majority of people don't have too many issues with the water bath sealing them. But then again most people don't think in terms off "well if shtf and I have no power" ya know?