Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #101
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August *Garden Chat thread*

Boo trying to sort it out now. It has the photobucket link now but you can't click on it. Ahhh

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #102
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Boo now it only choose one photo when I clicked them all, poopy pc!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #103
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG I hope I don't get in trouble for posting all those photos in one post!! Man photobucket has changed since my last photo posting!! Anyways most those pics are a month old I spent all that time downloading my camera photos with no newer photos! I have so many photos saved here there and everywhere! Will try to take photos today and get them up in a few days, hopefully with DHs help. It will be easier that way!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #104
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow girl! Those are some rockin plants! Great job. I adore the wicker basket as a planter. Gonna steal that for sure next year!!!! Sooo many plans, haha.
That boy is just so darn cute. You post pics like I do. How did you post them all at onece though? I have to paste the link in one at a time. Is there a trick. Would it post my whole album. Lordy, that would lock up the thread for sure as I have way too many. If your in NY, I could deff try planting planting them here. Would the whole vine die back though? I'd hate to have to clip it down every year. I wish I could do a boganvilla (sp?) here. We get neg deg winters though. BTW, thanks so much for joining the thread and shareing the pics! I know it takes a lot of time to do the pic thing. You did a rockin job!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #105
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone was throwing away the wicker basket and I thought I could put dirt in that and grow something? The mandavilles need 45 and above at night so I will cut them back to about three feet so I will leave most the plant. Hope to let it go dormant and then wake it up in early spring. Put back out when threat of frost is over. I just bought the duranta which is not pictured but is a tropical too. I have a love for stuff that needs a warm climate but I do not like a warm climate myself. I will put that with the mamdavilles and palm over winter. Some of my plants are perennials and I will transplant those to the ground and cover with leaves for the winter. Sorry would add more but DS NEEDS me!! hehe yes he needs some love will be back later
Old 08-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #106
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and IDK for sure how I did the photobucket thing? They changed it from last time I used it. It had an option at the bottom of page to copy html? or something like that so I did one page at a time, three pages altogether. Otherwise it was going to make me do one at a time way too hard. I wish I had photos of my ferns and palms now, it looks so different. And can't wait for the moonflower to bloom!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #107
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to check out the html links on the pb pages. I'd like to figure that one out.

I want one of those huge portch ferns so badly. I actually always have. Just need to go get it. Something elese always going on. We have tons of it by the back seasional creek bed, but it get's mowed down. I know, has to be done. Snakes are way to bad here.

There are usually more momas in here, it's just not busy on weekends. I pop in a cpl times a day if I can. It's my break.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #108
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just couldn't resist. This is one day. I think there are 7 verieties in there. The amish paste were on the counter. There may be one in the sink?
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #109
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I'll have to read back a bit but hey girls! I've been so busy I've hardly had any time to post. Lots of projects. TOO many if I'm honest. I've been ignoring things in the garden because my summer crops have been doing really well and I honestly didn't want to touch them. Been doing lots of painting/sewing/cleaning/organizing in the house. I'm weird, I do "spring cleaning" in fall knowing that I'm about to walk inside one glorious fall night and then not want to go back out into the freezing wind for the next 5 mos.

Tonight I finally dug up the bed that had flowers and beans in it (that never thrived so I let the chickens have it) - again- and found more grubs. Well I should say the girls did. Then I put up a trellis and planted scarlet runner beans, parsip, dragon carrots and swiss chard in it. Yeah I procrastinated a wee bit.

I hacked the basil down to 4" nubs and it's starting to come back in although something is chewing it a little, grasshoppers maybe? Tore the mint out, it was invading the whole bed and had roots over my bell peppers and eggplant's. No wonder they were acting like I never watered them at all! So they are doing better and my peppers are FINALLY turning red! I keep looking at the yellow one and hoping. I thought I would be tearing them out after those were harvested but they have been blooming like crazy. Cucumber vines are huge but I don't see many cukes yet. Same with the summer squashes, they look good but little to no fruits.

Tomorrow I'm going to turn the bed where the broccoli will be one more time and then direct sow my broccoli. Wish me luck, this is my first try at it. Still trying to figure out where to put the peas. I know I want lots, but I'm short on space as the summer crops are still going strong! My spring tomatoes are surprisingly still producing steadily and the later summer crop I planted have begun to ripen. The german lunchbox are my favorite I think, so far.

Tomorrow is also my ds Daniel's 6th birthday and he want to go to the splash pad in the park before summer is over. So my garden time will be limited but for a good reason!

So far, I have 3 hens out of my 6 eldest that are laying. Two rhode island reds and a black sexlink, my sweetie "Pippin" - who gives us a lovely little brown speckled egg. The other bsl should be any day now and I really thought she WAS laying at night but soon realized that it was pippin dropping double yolkers off the top of the roost. The easter eggers should be soon also and I can't wait for a blue or green egg! The only issue we are having right now is that they all prefer ONE box and they haven't gotten their schedules worked out yet so more often than not, sadie and pippin need to lay at the exact same time and if sadie is the one waiting she will just lay in the middle of the run. I put up curtains in there today over the nest boxes hoping that it would make the other two nests seem more enticing. Wish me luck, LOL!

I'll get some pictures of everything some time in the next few days I hope!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #110
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Here's my pics from tonight, sorry they're dark it's been a long day but we have a happy birthday boy. I put captions on them so you'd be able to figure out what I planted and stuff.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1129419...P7RpKL9lPXpCw#

I took a pic of my butternut squash because they are really orangy yellow and I'm not positive when to pick them as I've only ever seen them beige-ish? Does that happen later? This is my first yr having any success with winter squash.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote