Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #31
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Big Mamas August Thread

Hi ladies! Hope all is well. I found out on Friday that I am hyperthyroid, so that kind of explains how it was so easy for me to lose so much weight these past 6 months! I am having some not so fun side effects, though. I am going to see an endocrinologist next week and am hoping to figure things out.

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #32
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope they get it all under control for you.

I'm really struggling to track my food. But I go back to school next week. I seem to do better at tracking when I have the daily routine of work. I'm not sure why but for some reason this summer I just haven't been able to get into it.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #33
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am joining you all.

Your name: Kim
Starting Weight: 172
Current Weight: 167
Short-Term Goal: 155 by Xmas
Long-Term Goal: 130
Weight Lost to Date: 5 lbs
Weight Loss Plan: Start Weight Watchers while I am still nursing and lose 12 lbs to motivate me to lose more. I want to add Wii fut after Xmas to try to lose another 10 lbs by Easter. I have a hard time losing weight due to being disabled.

I have cut out and down on my bad stuff. I love my nightly wine and just gave it up. Now I have water. I am increasing my food intake with fresh fruit and veggies which are 0 points but not starving my body. Once I am done nursing I will try the hCG diet to get to my goal.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #34
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome new folks, I think I missed someone on the last page. I blame it on lack of sleep.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #35
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Well I lost 2 lbs so far! Down to 165 again. I hope I can continue to lose fast for a bit. If not I am okay. Feeding DS is more important. I rather be happily nursing my very last baby and be fluffy then to be skinny and not have this last time, He was such a poor latch as a newborn and liked the bottle so much that I almost dried up. I am lucky to be able to only have suppliment 8 ounces max per day.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday was going so well, until I messed it up. Grrr.... I was eating right. We went to the trampoline park as a family. Let me tell you that is a workout!!! 10 min after starting I was dripping in sweat. I kept having to sit down and take a breather. I managed about 45 min and then had to sit for the last 15min to catch my breath (we bought 1 hour passes). My little guy enjoyed it, dh had fun but his balance stinks (he has MS) so he didn't spend much time on his feed but at least he had a soft place to land. Anyway, then we got home, and had dinner. Healthy crockpot broccoli beef with brown steamed rice. All is well, then I get munchy. So as I'm watching Criminal Minds last night rather than taking my two Oreos I was going to have for a treat, I grabbed the whole sleeve because I was in a hurry. Then I proceded to eat the ENTIRE package. I was so sick. I'm still feeling sluggish. What on earth was I thinking?!?!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #37
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am a horrid muncher, too, in the evenings. I try to eat free WW foods all day so I have what I call munchie points for evening. Don't beat yourself up as you got exercise and ate low cal all day.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #38
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Thanks ladies! Normally, I was doubting that I looked thinner. I still see myself as the same when I look in the mirror. But DH insisted I was looking much thinner so I made him take a pic and when I saw the two next to each other I was happily surprised! I guess all this hard work is paying off afterall!
You look great! I've experienced that same feeling, it's really hard to notice you're losing weight at all and then all of a sudden you realize your clothes are waaay too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Welcome! I have a little Levi, too.
Thanks

I didn't lose any weight this past week.. it's tough because I am 4 weeks post partum and still not supposed to do any real exercise. And it's really tough being motivated to eat a perfect diet when I'm not exercising. And since i don't have much muscle mass, my metabolism is kind of pathetic. But I can't wait to get running again!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I am a horrid muncher, too, in the evenings. I try to eat free WW foods all day so I have what I call munchie points for evening. Don't beat yourself up as you got exercise and ate low cal all day.
That is a good idea. I think my issue is chocolate cookies in general. I told myself last night was an isolated incident. I dont' even usually buy cookies but I had bought these for my crew at the county fair and this was the last sleeve of the box left. Well, now I went to school, with healthy snack so I wasn't tempted and what did I find? A half a sleeve of girlscout cookies. I got two out so I avoided eating the whole sleeve again. And by the time I came back to my senses the whole thing was gone. I have got to get back to school so I can start logging and get back on track. The upside is I didn't gain anything after yesterday's disaster, so I'm hoping I"m that lucky again today.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #40
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I know what you mean. If it is there I will eat it. I just do it and feel guilty. We bought some cheese today from Whole Foods. I have 35 points left still so tonight I can munch on it a little less guilty...LOL!