Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: omg, kindergarten is coming soon

OP, I just noticed when your son's birthday is. My son's is 10/30/2007, so same time, but a year later. We live in NY which means he is technically eligible to start kindergarten this year since he'll turn 5 before the December cutoff, but I've decided to wait another year since he'd still be 4 for the first few months. I keep second guessing myself. I just feel like he'd struggle being so much younger. Plus the way I see it, if we were in most other states we wouldn't even be considering kindergarten because his birthday would be past the cutoff. Are you glad your son had this extra year before kindergarten?

Advertisement

Last edited by KLeeCW; 08-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by KLeeCW; 08-04-2012 at 09:51 AM.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad my ds wasn't old enough last year. He will turn 6 in oct so he will prob be one of the oldest in his class. He's done 2 yrs part time (4hrs 2 days) preschool and really blossomed there. My biggest concern in the hours. He will be gone from 8:30 to 4:30. I am going to miss him SO much. We have been having lots of positive talks though and we are making "with you" bracelets. I know its really corny but its just a friendship bracelet w/ the others favorite color woven thru. He has a friendship bracelet I made him @ the beginning of the summer that he swears won't come off till it falls off
OP I so know how you feel. I am half sick half excited.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I remember being really nervous when my oldest went to school all day. I actually drove over to the school at lunch time to check on him. I went into the lunch room and just hung by the door so he wouldn't see me, and he was there at his table laughing, talking, having a grand old time. He wasn't missing me at all!
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus869 View Post
I went into the lunch room and just hung by the door so he wouldn't see me, and he was there at his table laughing, talking, having a grand old time. He wasn't missing me at all!
This!!!! But if you are nervous, kiddo is going to pick up on your body language. You've got to be 100% positive he is going to have a grand time (and believe it!) and he will.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus869 View Post
I remember being really nervous when my oldest went to school all day. I actually drove over to the school at lunch time to check on him. I went into the lunch room and just hung by the door so he wouldn't see me, and he was there at his table laughing, talking, having a grand old time. He wasn't missing me at all!
The thing for me is not about her adjusting- its about me. I know she is going to love it. But me- it feels like I am losing my baby.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4

The thing for me is not about her adjusting- its about me. I know she is going to love it. But me- it feels like I am losing my baby.
I undertand why you are sad, I felt the exact same way. It IS a change. It's the end of one era and the beginning of another. But it's healthy and good for them to expand their little worlds, and she'll be so excited to see you after school and tell you all about what she's been doing and who she sat by and and played with and all that

Last edited by hibiscus869; 08-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote