Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I may sound crazy paranoid but I don't trust anyone with my kids fully, not even dh. I've suffered a lot of loss and my kids are my world. I'm not saying I never leave them with anyone else but I'm always watching them, even when they're being watched by someone else. An 11 month old died near us this 4th of July at a picnic, people were distracted and he drowned in a small man-made pond. I've come to accept that my inlaws think i'm a bit too much, who cares! They raised their kids, I'm gonna raise mine my way!
My advice- trust your gut! If you don't feel comfortable w it than no pond without mom! GL

Advertisement

Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolobug
I may sound crazy paranoid but I don't trust anyone with my kids fully, not even dh. I've suffered a lot of loss and my kids are my world. I'm not saying I never leave them with anyone else but I'm always watching them, even when they're being watched by someone else. An 11 month old died near us this 4th of July at a picnic, people were distracted and he drowned in a small man-made pond. I've come to accept that my inlaws think i'm a bit too much, who cares! They raised their kids, I'm gonna raise mine my way!
My advice- trust your gut! If you don't feel comfortable w it than no pond without mom! GL
I am 100% on the same page as this!
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ideas to protect children from in-laws koid pond, etc

I would put a pool safetly fence up around the pond.. They are slightly taller than a regular fence and no footholds and the tops are flexible..making climbing over more difficlut. My 5 year old can scale our wooden privacy fence no problem but can't climb the pool fence.