Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #81
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: Child Support Plus Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
It kinda depends. My brother used to do this with his daughter. Her mother needed to provide a winter coat for her house. The main problem was the $$ coat my brother bought would get "lost" at the mother's house and she would come back in a lighter coat w/ a sweater. After it repeatedly happened, he refused to send her coats there and would send her in a heavy sweater and jacket. One winter, he had bought her 7 coats because of this!
what a jerk that mom was. i would be mad too and in that situation i could maybe understand it.

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #82
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This. My friends husband stole all of their Hanna and Gymbo clothes and sent them back in yard sale stuff. She stopped sending anything to him.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #83
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

If your stepson already has 2 sets from the grandparents I would NOT get more. She can wash them between practices/games. I wouldn't send anything extra especially when she's lying about it the cost and won't take him to get his height and weight checked. I would tell her I can't because I'm paying an extra $40 a month because you won't take him in.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #84
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think something like this really depends on the situation, since he already has two sets, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I don't think CS should always mean that things like that aren't shared expenses. My DD's father pays half of her dance lessons ($40/month), and half of her costumes (over $150 last year), at the moment he isn't working so he isn't paying support, but even when he was (a whopping $144/month!) he still paid half of these things. If you do decide to buy the equipment, I wouldn't hesitate to buy used though, since that is what you do for your own family.
alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #85
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow, this has gone off the deep end quickly.

Just one thing to clarify - is Under Armour an undergarment? Or do they wear underwear under it? Just curious, doesn't change my opinion.

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #86
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaga View Post
Wow, this has gone off the deep end quickly.

Just one thing to clarify - is Under Armour an undergarment? Or do they wear underwear under it? Just curious, doesn't change my opinion.
Its an expensive brand of athletic clothing. Its nice but to me they are nothing special. You can sometimes get it at the discount stores, but usually not for kids/toddlers and mostly men. :good vibes: My husband likes it or I'd have no clue what it was either.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #87
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi

The situation as I understood it was that the child had several coats he could have worn but for some deranged reason the mom was refusing to let him wear a coat at all. That is most definitely child abuse in my book; to send your kid out into the cold and purposefully keep them from wearing a coat is cruel
Yea she deliberately wouldn't let him wear a coat to our house because she's a b****. I'm honestly surprised she even allows him to wear shoes to our house. Nothing from her house has ever ended up here, yet almost everything we've bought step son for our house has ended up there. We finally told step son like 2 years ago to bring his laptop (that DH bought) back to our house because his mom always used it and practically ruined it.
She won't even let him bring his backpack with homework here. One of the few times she has, step son's teacher said it was the best thing he'd done all year...that probably rubbed her the wrong way. Gosh I can't wait til he's 18 and we won't have to deal with her anymore.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #88
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkelly

Yea she deliberately wouldn't let him wear a coat to our house because she's a b****. I'm honestly surprised she even allows him to wear shoes to our house. Nothing from her house has ever ended up here, yet almost everything we've bought step son for our house has ended up there. We finally told step son like 2 years ago to bring his laptop (that DH bought) back to our house because his mom always used it and practically ruined it.
She won't even let him bring his backpack with homework here. One of the few times she has, step son's teacher said it was the best thing he'd done all year...that probably rubbed her the wrong way. Gosh I can't wait til he's 18 and we won't have to deal with her anymore.
That is sick. What a mom!

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #89
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs

Its an expensive brand of athletic clothing. Its nice but to me they are nothing special. You can sometimes get it at the discount stores, but usually not for kids/toddlers and mostly men. :good vibes: My husband likes it or I'd have no clue what it was either.
Thanks! I've seen UA shirts and shorts, but the way people were talking I was thinking maybe there were shorts that are worn as underwear or something.

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #90
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just read the op. It's totally fine for you to buy used things if that's what you do for your own family. But I might let her know first that you plan to do, just so that she can say no if she won't use it if it's used. That way you won't waste your money if she's just going to toss it.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote