Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Kap7270
Registered Users

Clomid

Curious to hear about your experiences on clomid. My friend has regular cycles but doesn't appear to be ovulating (no positive OPK or BBT shifts). She was on 50mg of clomid for one month, then 100 mg for two but it doesn't seem to be helping. She's starting on 150mg this cycle. Anyone fail to respond to the lower doses but succeed with 150?

Advertisement

Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

My RE didnt even bother with the lower doses. I am not sure if that is standard practice or just what she thought was best for me. My first cycle I had one mature follicle but my body still didnt want to release the egg (my understanding) so the second cycle they added on a shot of hcg to trigger the actual ovulation. So, the clomid did work at 150 but I am not sure it would have at a lower dose.

I think it really depends on the woman and cause of the annovulation, though. It didnt work at all for my aunt who also has pcos, but it did for me (i dont have insulin resistance).
Old 08-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Clomid

I have PCOS (insulin resistence) so clomid just by itself never worked for me no matter what dose I was on. When they put me on glucophage and 100 mg clomid together I got PG the 1st month every time
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Clomid

I have inulin restistant PCOS and had to be on Metformin to stay pregnant. No amount of Clomid would allow me to stsy preggers. I was on it without Met for 3 years before diagnosis and lost 5 babies. I too had regular cycles and just was not ovulating or ovulating strong enough. That is why it took so long to get the PCOS diagnosis. My testosterone levels were high too. Once on Met I got pregnant with 100 mg of Clomid the 1st time and alone on Metformin the next 2 times.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just thought I would add, she might want to ask for monitoring for a cycle if she isnt already. Clomid can really screw up your chart (it did for me so I started google-ing and found many places that referenced that).
Old 08-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I have inulin restistant PCOS and had to be on Metformin to stay pregnant. No amount of Clomid would allow me to stsy preggers. I was on it without Met for 3 years before diagnosis and lost 5 babies. I too had regular cycles and just was not ovulating or ovulating strong enough. That is why it took so long to get the PCOS diagnosis. My testosterone levels were high too. Once on Met I got pregnant with 100 mg of Clomid the 1st time and alone on Metformin the next 2 times.
Good info to know. I'm on metformin w o a PCOS diagnoses but good to know if I ever do get pregnant.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote