Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My MIL Just Tried...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
That is crazy. I feel bad I gave my 9 mo zuccini bread from scratch today. I made it though so I know it is healthy & it was less than a teaspoon of crumby bits yet I still feel evil.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

What's wrong with zucchini bread????

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
I know I'm the evil one, and I freaked out with my first over what she ate.

Then I had a kid in feeding therapy for the last 3 years. The first thing the therapists start working on for solids is organic cheetos at 6 months. They melt easy, are easy to hold, and taste good.

After all the things that we have fed DS in 3 years of feeding therapy, I don't give a rats @ss what is given to my 3rd kid. I definitely have a much different perspective on food now. She can have whatever we are eating. And if that is a purple popsicle and she wants a lick, so be it. The world won't end because she had some purple food coloring.
I feel the same way about DD. While I'm not going to give her a piece of cake, if she finds some cake crumbs on the floor, whatever. The other day I was making cupcakes and had icing sugar on my hands. DD picked up some cat litter off the floor, and I dug it out of her mouth with my icing sugared fingers.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
DD picked up some cat litter off the floor, and I dug it out of her mouth with my icing sugared fingers.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who has dug cat litter out of a mouth. I always feel so guilty when it happens, but the cat gets it EVERYWHERE!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My MIL cornered me when DS1 was about 3 weeks old and DH was sleeping and tried to get me to give him a bottle of formula with some cereal in it. She said, "After all if all you had all day was milk wouldn't you be hungry?" Um well no not when I was a baby. It was just really sneaky the way she tried to convince me and waited until DH was out of the room, knowing I was tired and frazzled with a newborn. She just honestly thinks that BF is not only unnecessary but inferior and of course we are just too stupid to know better. She's tried many times to slip them food after we have said no. I don't mind too many grandma treats but don't undermine us in front of them.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

I'm assuming you meant 'wouldn't'!!!
Hahaha, yes I meant I would not. I can not even blame that on auto correct
Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola

Then I had a kid in feeding therapy for the last 3 years. The first thing the therapists start working on for solids is organic cheetos at 6 months. They melt easy, are easy to hold, and taste good. I freaked at first, and he loved them. He also loved coffee and diet coke. After he drinks his Peptamin (medical formula) he can have as much diet coke as he wants (usually about an ounce) as a reward.

After all the things that we have fed DS in 3 years of feeding therapy, I don't give a rats @ss what is given to my 3rd kid. I definitely have a much different perspective on food now. She can have whatever we are eating. And if that is a purple popsicle and she wants a lick, so be it. The world won't end because she had some purple food coloring.

By no means am I super fanatical about what she eats (heck, I give her bites of ice cream all the time, and she's eaten cake, too), but Mountain Dew is just too far! I won't even drink that stuff,
Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbermama View Post

By no means am I super fanatical about what she eats (heck, I give her bites of ice cream all the time, and she's eaten cake, too), but Mountain Dew is just too far! I won't even drink that stuff,
In a normal baby, yeah, Mountain Dew would tick me off too.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
L&MsMamma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbermama

Same here!
L&MsMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo
OYE!

My Dad, bless his heart, gave my niece pork chops when she was about 4-5 months old because she was teething and he thought chewing on it would ake her feel better. Perhaps they did but my sister almost DIED when she walked back into the room.

FTR: My Dad is more than a decade older than my Mom and his generation just did things differently. He has a good heart but some of the stuff he suggests makes me wonder how in the world he raised 7 children into adulthood!
Pork chops for teething made me LOL!! (It probably did feel good!!)
Old 08-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #20
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post

Then I had a kid in feeding therapy for the last 3 years. The first thing the therapists start working on for solids is organic cheetos at 6 months. They melt easy, are easy to hold, and taste good. I freaked at first, and he loved them. He also loved coffee and diet coke. After he drinks his Peptamin (medical formula) he can have as much diet coke as he wants (usually about an ounce) as a reward.

i can totally relate to this!!! cheetos was a big favorite around here too!!! I have a picture of my dd holding a cheeto in each hand dipping it in chocolate pudding. anything in the mouth was success! red licorice for strengthening. so different from how i started introducing her to solids...pureed organic produce from the farmers market.