Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #31
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Re: My MIL Just Tried...

I've calmed down enough about food that when my MILs sis gave dd a finger full of icing at 9 months I was fine But mountain dew????? I wouldn't let my kids touch that stuff now at 3 and 5

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #32
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not on purpose, but when DD was about 6 mo, my dad was holding her while eating a piece of chocolate pie. He wasn't paying attention and she lunged forward and face planted into the pie! We hadn't introduced her to solids yet do it was quite a shock to us all.

Other than spoiling her with (allowed) snacks at the wrong times (pretzels before dinner). My parents / in laws are great.

I'm medium laid back about food. I really don't want sugar or salt before 1 year, but after that, small bits are ok.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #33
CrunchyMomOf2
Registered Users
seller

My IL's drove DD home to our house from their house when she was 4 months old (it was completely against my better judgment that they have her alone). When they carried her car seat inside she WASN'T STRAPPED IN! MIL informed me that FIL "couldn't figure it out" so they just "drove really carefully." We live 25 min away! I was and still am (5 months later) livid. They are both in their 60's but we gave them EXTENSIVE car seat training before and after DD was born. They actually say we are "overprotective" for making her and DS8 even use car seats (booster for DS). Last week we switched to a Britax convertible, and MIL asked, "Oh, can we turn her around 'the right way' now?" DD is 9 months...
Old 08-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #34
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

my grandpa gave ds rum cake when he was about 6 weeks old... grrrrr

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #35
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

my MIL tried to take my DS out of his car seat when he was 6 wks old...while I was driving bc he was screaming. I had a fit! And my older sis fed him some choc cake when he was 10 mo old and I had walked out of the room....he had started HEALTHY solids at 8 mo and I didn't want him to have cake.....and certainly not before his 1st b-day and not by anyone but me or DH. I went off and her and my mom was like, "your kids are so advanced, we forget how young they are sometimes" grrrrrr......
Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My MIL got up from the table to walk over and try to stuff a piece of cream puff in my barely 6 month old's mouth, and was displeased when I stopped her. When I reminded her that he had to have Alimentum formula because he was allergic to milk and soy, she says, "Well this part doesn't have any cream on it."

The next morning at brunch when, after she mentioned that she was sure we didn't want her to give him any of the biscuit, soy sausage or eggs on her plate (and we agreed), she swipes her finger in the grape jelly dripped on her plate and reaches over to stick her finger in DS's mouth Fortunately, DH was holding him at the time and pulled him away.

The funny thing to me was, as determined as she was to shove food in his mouth, she never offered to feed him the mashed banana, oatmeal, or few other baby food purees he was eating at that point.

Last edited by Sha-nanagins; 08-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

delete - dp

Last edited by Sha-nanagins; 08-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMomOf2
My IL's drove DD home to our house from their house when she was 4 months old (it was completely against my better judgment that they have her alone). When they carried her car seat inside she WASN'T STRAPPED IN! MIL informed me that FIL "couldn't figure it out" so they just "drove really carefully." We live 25 min away! I was and still am (5 months later) livid. They are both in their 60's but we gave them EXTENSIVE car seat training before and after DD was born. They actually say we are "overprotective" for making her and DS8 even use car seats (booster for DS). Last week we switched to a Britax convertible, and MIL asked, "Oh, can we turn her around 'the right way' now?" DD is 9 months...
ho.ly.crap.

I think I would have totally lost it.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #39
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My mother is has a sugar "phobia". She constantly tells my children how bad sugar is for them. She will even comment on the contents of other people's shopping carts. So she doesn't feed "bad" foods to my kids. Carseats were another matter entirely. In her opinion they were optional. I finally told her she couldn't take my daughter since she couldn't remember to use the carseat. She actually brought my daughter home and told me she forgot the carseat at her house.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
My mother is has a sugar "phobia". She constantly tells my children how bad sugar is for them. She will even comment on the contents of other people's shopping carts. So she doesn't feed "bad" foods to my kids. Carseats were another matter entirely. In her opinion they were optional. I finally told her she couldn't take my daughter since she couldn't remember to use the carseat. She actually brought my daughter home and told me she forgot the carseat at her house.
Is she still alive? I would have killed her...

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote