Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta
Oh man....we just left the fair. She rode a camel, got to play with a baby lion, rode a pony and play games and do rides. My mom was with us and she saw dd's fit...I was mortified as she's screaming at the top of her lungs and crying. Wow. This is the kind of stuff that makes me not even want to spend the money on taking her to do fun stuff like this

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DS Forum
Tell her that. And next time, don't take her. She has to use her toys to "pay" for a babysitter. She'll learn real quick.

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #12
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How do you make her pay for a sitter with toys?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DS Forum
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chores and expectations for an almost 6 year old?

My almost 5 year old unloads silverware from the dishwasher, sets the table, makes her beds, puts away her laundry, picks up her toys, and cleans her room (with her brother, they share a room). She gets a $4/week allowance, it will be $5 after her birthday.

As for leaving a fun place, I ignore the fit, pick her up, and leave. Then the next time something fun comes up, I remind her of how she could have gone, but she threw such a fit last time. I've only had to keep her home twice, and she's pretty much given up on meltdowns.
alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote