Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #1
ashlee_shae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does amber teething jewelry really work?

Please tell me about your experience with amber teething jewelry. I'm thinking of buying some for younger dd. Where to buy? Best price?

Advertisement

ashlee_shae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does amber teething jewelry really work?

I think they do. Our youngest has worn one since he was 6 months old and he's never done more than drool when teething. No meds. No fussy. No nothing. Same with ear infections & the like. He was always a champ.
I wear mine if I get sick and I think it helps me get better faster. And their pretty!

I got ours at Amberizon.com. They take a while to get to you because they are actually in Lithuania(a Baltic state by Russia). They cost about $25 with shipping, so the price was nice too.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

I didn't really think so. It was pretty cute though.
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

My DS has had one his entire time teething. At first I had a polished bead necklace, and he had a HORRIBLE time cutting his first tooth. Then I got a raw nugget necklace from Baltic Creations (that's her username on here and on HyenaCart). Night and day difference! His second tooth came with barely any fuss, just a mild fever.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
FallBabies
Registered Users

I didn't find it to work at all. Personally, I think the teething experience just depends on the individual; my twins had no issues teething, but my youngest gets really bothered (he's the one I got the necklace for; it made no difference.)

That being said, I love the way they look, so to me it was worth buying for a cool looking boy necklace. Unfortunately, he hates having it on (he doesn't like socks, hats, etc. either, though.)

I say if you like the look, its worth getting. Maybe it'll help, but if it doesn't, it still looks good!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

i think it did! not dramatically like in some cases, but i think it defineatly soothes DD, especially when she's been wearing it for a couple hours. plus she likes to chew on it. i bought my from ebay for like...$10.

newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think they work, but it does depend on the LO. And I also love the way they look - for baby and mama

I think it's worth a try, and you can get free shipping on Inspired by Finn necklaces/bracelets from Mom's Milk Boutique. That makes them $15.50-$18.50 depending on the size and beads you choose
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallBabies View Post
I didn't find it to work at all. Personally, I think the teething experience just depends on the individual; my twins had no issues teething, but my youngest gets really bothered (he's the one I got the necklace for; it made no difference.)

That being said, I love the way they look, so to me it was worth buying for a cool looking boy necklace. Unfortunately, he hates having it on (he doesn't like socks, hats, etc. either, though.)

I say if you like the look, its worth getting. Maybe it'll help, but if it doesn't, it still looks good!

i can't say for certain if the necklace works, i'm not willing to take it off to test it out! but we have some pretty horrific teething episodes, while i have friends whose kids (sans amber) barely make a whimper. i love how it looks on DS, so it was worth it to me.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

they do work wonders! I have been making them for a while now and the stories I get and feedback are amazing. I can say some children do teethe harder and do need maximum strength relief which is raw amber but I have definitely seen them work like magic! My lil guy has his top teeth popping in now and no sign of pain! My older 2 oh man it was miserable because we didn't know about amber then. Now I swear by it!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
ashlee_shae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I get an anklet, or does it need to be a necklace? I'm worried about anything around her neck. Also, do these break easily? I'm also afraid DD will break it.
ashlee_shae is offline   Reply With Quote