Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
Skatha89
Registered Users

Re: Christmas Cards....

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion View Post
Chances are the baby will be born before the 12/12 due date so we will do cards in front of the tree most likely. They can double as birth announcements.
I love this idea!

To OP: We're due the 1st, but if DS2 doesn't flip, he'll be early (breech), so we'll do Christmas Cards of just the boys, if SO can get a good shot.

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is due 12/26/12, since he's my first, he may not get here until after New Year's. We'll see.

My plan is to not send out Christmas Cards (I kinda suck at that most years anyway), but to send out a birth announcement that says something like this:

Did you have a Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year?
We're thrilled to say,
that Sam is here!

Cheesy? Yes, but I live for cheesy.

I'll work on the wording.....
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
doula81012
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggle View Post
Mine is due 12/26/12, since he's my first, he may not get here until after New Year's. We'll see.

My plan is to not send out Christmas Cards (I kinda suck at that most years anyway), but to send out a birth announcement that says something like this:

Did you have a Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year?
We're thrilled to say,
that Sam is here!

Cheesy? Yes, but I live for cheesy.

I'll work on the wording.....

That's really cute! May have to steal it
doula81012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

This year we are sending out cards with no pictures cuts my stress level way down and family and friends will still know we are thinking o them!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #15
redlichen
Registered Users
seller

With a holiday bday nearly impossible to avoid I'm going to do announcements only. maybe they will have a slightly seasonal feel. I think she will get the short end of the stick when it comes to Bdays for her whole life so ill start her off special where the focus is all on her.
redlichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
ateach
Registered Users

I've been trying to decide the same thing. We send SO MANY cards and then will want to baby announcements (I am due Dec 23) so it is a lot of mass mailing close together. I am leaning towards doing a New Years card with baby.
ateach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
LynnSteward
Registered Users

We've got it reduced down to a formula now. We take a Christmas themed family portrait (just took this years' last weekend ) and I make a custom Christmas Card with Shutterfly and then include a personalized message. I've always loved getting cards, so it's been really important to me to keep up the tradition.
LynnSteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
Chiromonkey
Registered Users

We usually take pix the end of Oct, so that will be the pic for cards. I also considered not telling anyone we're pregnant and sending a picture of the "6" of us! LOL I'd have to really be prepared for the one, though!
Chiromonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #19
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doula81012
I'm debating if I want to do Christmas Cards this year. I'm due on Christmas, but I don't think I'll be having a baby on that day I don't know if we should do what we've always done and get pictures taken in the first week of December...or wait until after I have baby and send out "Holiday" cards after Christmas. I don't want baby to be excluded, and I'm not sure how I will look being all pregnant in Christmas card photos

What do you plan on doing if anything?
DDC crashing. We used to never get around to Christmas cards and always did New Years cards instead.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlichen View Post
With a holiday bday nearly impossible to avoid I'm going to do announcements only. maybe they will have a slightly seasonal feel. I think she will get the short end of the stick when it comes to Bdays for her whole life so ill start her off special where the focus is all on her.
I am already planning to do a special birthday with breakfast/dinner choices from the birthday child and one special gift but doing the real party and all of that on his/her half birthday. Unless the baby comes a few weeks early or late this is my plan. We do Valentines cards instead of Christmas anyway so the cards aren't an issue and we already do half birthdays with my other three kids but they just get one gift and to pick meals.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote