Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Posterior pelvic pain (SI joint)

My left side of my pelvis in the back is causing me agony. The chiro says SI joint. No real cure

Anyone have this where it seriously limits movement? If I have a good day I try to run and my chiro said to keep it up as its hopefully keeping muscles strong. But I am discouraged Bout this pain. I fear I'll be immobile soon I'm 24 weeks right now. And this is the first time I'm experiencing such horrific pain during any of my three pregnancies. Help

Advertisement

__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
jlsquire0324's Avatar
jlsquire0324
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 330
Ughh I have been doing long walks and training for a half (24 weeks along too) I have been discouraged about how much pain I have been having too :/
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324
Ughh I have been doing long walks and training for a half (24 weeks along too) I have been discouraged about how much pain I have been having too :/
What mileage are you at now? I'm seriously so scared its going to stop my running completely. If it stays left and centered, I can push thru. But days, like today, where its taken over my left butt cheek and is searing, I simply can't. I am in tears from the pain and tears from the loss of my one and only source of stress relief
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
rosefall's Avatar
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,733
My Mood:
I injured my right SI joint in college and have had pain in it to varying degrees with each pregnancy. For mine, in general, the more active I am, the less it hurts.
__________________
Mommy to DS 8-23-08, DD 9-19-10, and DD 11-25-12. I'm probably
rosefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosefall
I injured my right SI joint in college and have had pain in it to varying degrees with each pregnancy. For mine, in general, the more active I am, the less it hurts.
If that's the truth, than I'd be in a wheelchair when I stop running! Omg!
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
AniMommy's Avatar
AniMommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 1,124
My Mood:
Get another opinion. I had bad SI pain early in my 1st pregnancy - like I couldn't walk w/o pain after normal activity. I went to a orthopedic dr. who told me it's pregnancy hormones, nothing can be done for it. I got him to write me a physical therapy script anyway and went to a PT for 6 weeks.

Bottom line, the PT adjusted me (said the two sides of my pelvis were out of wack and compressing something which in turn caused pain) and got me in a PT regime to strengthen my core and leg muscles so that I stayed in alignment. I went 2 or 3 times a week and did the exercises at home on the off days. I was fixed up by the end of it and never had SI pain after finishing. The PT was very conservative in his treatment because of the pregnancy. Even when he adjusted me it was very gentle and non-jaring. You shouldnt have to be in pain no matter what.

Last edited by AniMommy; 08-22-2012 at 12:29 AM.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
jlsquire0324's Avatar
jlsquire0324
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

What mileage are you at now? I'm seriously so scared its going to stop my running completely. If it stays left and centered, I can push thru. But days, like today, where its taken over my left butt cheek and is searing, I simply can't. I am in tears from the pain and tears from the loss of my one and only source of stress relief
I have done 9 and was in so much pain. I need to do ten before end of August. Race is sept 15. Your pain sounds incredible... Ughh I can't imagine mama
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324

I have done 9 and was in so much pain. I need to do ten before end of August. Race is sept 15. Your pain sounds incredible... Ughh I can't imagine mama
I'm going to force myself to do 6 today. Within the first mile, I'll know what my body is thinking.

It's just so frustrating. Before it was mental, I had to break down the mental walls. But now it's the physical ones so opposite. Way to go on ur half!! I had thought about signing up for one last month when the pain was just bothersome. Really glad I didn't! I honestly dream
About a Motrin 800. Lol! That would seriously help
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
jlsquire0324's Avatar
jlsquire0324
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

I'm going to force myself to do 6 today. Within the first mile, I'll know what my body is thinking.

It's just so frustrating. Before it was mental, I had to break down the mental walls. But now it's the physical ones so opposite. Way to go on ur half!! I had thought about signing up for one last month when the pain was just bothersome. Really glad I didn't! I honestly dream
About a Motrin 800. Lol! That would seriously help
Haha I know! I want some ibuprofen too! I'm walking not running, can't imagine running. That's so awesome your able to keep running even through the pain. Im in awe
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324

Haha I know! I want some ibuprofen too! I'm walking not running, can't imagine running. That's so awesome your able to keep running even through the pain. Im in awe
Some says it's faster than others lol!! I was really slow on my mountain run but I did find that after 5 minutes into the climb, my pelvis was okay. Going down was painful, but not too bad. Urgh :/

Where are you at? Is your 1/2 very hilly?
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.