Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Extreme Nesting

This is my 4th pregnancy. I've actually never experienced nesting in any of my pregnancies. Everyone talks about it, but I've always kind of gone about it.

Well, this time, I need my own TV show called Extreme Nesting. I can not stop. I am not naturally a neat person and with 5 kids 6 and under, my house is usually a mess and I don't keep up with folding the laundry well at all. And by a mess, I really do mean that. It gets nuts and out of control. For the last 2wks, it's been spotless, almost all the time. Unlike me freaking out at the thought of anyone seeing my house, it's actually company ready continuously. I'm not getting much else done other than cleaning and picking up constantly. I've been scrubbing baseboards, washing windows, wiping cupboards, cleaning out cabinets. I just can't stop. I am literally not getting other things done because I'm too busy cleaning up and wiping everything in sight. I'm 30wks and having some comfort issues and I'm really sick with a very bad cold. None of that matters. I just keep going no matter how much I want to drop.

Oh and I've become a task master, making my kids clean up. Not more than their share. But, I'm finally teaching them to fold their laundry and put it away and things they should already be doing. It's great actually!

I'm not really complaining. This is the one symptoms of pregnancy that I am really enjoying!! I hope this continues and I can keep my house much more picked up from now on, but I'm scared it's not going to last.

Can anyone relate to this extreme nesting?

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
*~Melissa~*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Extreme Nesting

Oh I wish I had that!
Reesie's Ribbons and Blooms -hair accessories for your princess!
*~Melissa~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes! I am usually a terrible housekeeper, but my house has been spotless and I have decluttered a TON of stuff!!! And I too, just can't stop. This is pg #5 for me, and I have never nested before either.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

I am usually pretty clean, but I have been nesting too. 24 weeks yesterday with #2 and have cleaned out both bathrooms, the hall closet, and our Ikea bookshelf (with 25 cubbies).

This weekend I am working on the nursery, toys, and baby clothes. Sorting the girl things out and saving what I can for the boy!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah major nesting is going on here too. I had a huge garage sale and got rid of 8 large tubs of crap that has been sitting around the house. i have been cleaning/decluttering like crazy. I have two more boxes to go to goodwill.

I have also decided that we are going to starve, or not beable to get to the grocery store, or something since I have been making jelly, freezeing meals, stocking the pantry ect. None of that is true since DH takes the first week off work, my grandmother lives very close, my mom lives 40 min away and easily will come up and help out.