Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

My baby was sono estimated 13 days ago at 7lb 15 oz... born 13 days later only 7#12!

Popsi- don't worry. I did that 1 week b4 baby came... and this is my 4th and I am very in tune with my body!!! It did make me feel REALLY STUPID at the time. This time, though, I so didn't want to do that, therefore I barely made it throught the door with baby crowning. DH didn't even get to see her come out .

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just made my labor bed up. I don't know if I am going to be able to stand it though. I can't stand the feel or smell of plastic and I have a plastic shower curtain under the sheets. I made the mistake of buying Polyester sheets at goodwill so those are my birthing sheets. Under those are a decent pair of cotton sheets that I like.
Today I finished up a retro owls OBV diaper, cleaned up the basement a little bit, and fixed a pair of longies I made when my 3 year old was a baby. The basement still needs a really good vacuming because it is where I sew so there is tread and lint from cutting fabric everywhere. Oh and good news. I got staffed off tonight. Maybe last saturday will have been my last day of work. We will see.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
1healthylady
Registered Users

Chach, I hope your baby's not that big and you get your VBAC!

I was supposed to have a MW appointment this afternoon, but she called and rescheduled for tomorrow. Walking home from the bus stop I started to get kinda crampy feeling. So I came home and laid down and have been drinking water. Just because I said we could have the baby at home if I went into labor tonight doesn't mean I need to have a baby now. I timed a few of these 'crampy feelings' and they were 10 mins apart,.but aren't lasting long at all. Hoping it all goes away with rest and water. At least I did go over all my docs and plans with my back up person today for the upcoming events and everything else for maternity planning. I'm still not ready tho. Lol. Dh started going thru our list of if baby comes now what do we still need to do? Turns out we're pretty well set.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post

I was supposed to have a MW appointment this afternoon, but she called and rescheduled for tomorrow. Walking home from the bus stop I started to get kinda crampy feeling. So I came home and laid down and have been drinking water. Just because I said we could have the baby at home if I went into labor tonight doesn't mean I need to have a baby now. I timed a few of these 'crampy feelings' and they were 10 mins apart,.but aren't lasting long at all. Hoping it all goes away with rest and water. At least I did go over all my docs and plans with my back up person today for the upcoming events and everything else for maternity planning. I'm still not ready tho. Lol. Dh started going thru our list of if baby comes now what do we still need to do? Turns out we're pretty well set.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Hug, if it makes you feel any better I get that way after too long of doing ANYTHING now. And they're hitting every night like clockwork.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
I just made my labor bed up. I don't know if I am going to be able to stand it though. I can't stand the feel or smell of plastic and I have a plastic shower curtain under the sheets. I made the mistake of buying Polyester sheets at goodwill so those are my birthing sheets. Under those are a decent pair of cotton sheets that I like.
Today I finished up a retro owls OBV diaper, cleaned up the basement a little bit, and fixed a pair of longies I made when my 3 year old was a baby. The basement still needs a really good vacuming because it is where I sew so there is tread and lint from cutting fabric everywhere. Oh and good news. I got staffed off tonight. Maybe last saturday will have been my last day of work. We will see.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummm, you just managed to make me feel sad for the first time that I'm not still pregnant!!! Actually, today I'm feeling kinda down and just going over in my head how differently I wish the birth had gone. Just crazy hormones, I suppose.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
If you have access to the "bradley method book" it is really helpful in determining when to go to the hospital.

AFM I am due in 7 days but I think I have finally psyched myself up for another baby after it's EDD. I have to work tonight every time I go to work people go "you still haven't had that baby" and "you haven't popped yet!" I'm just like no. Baby wants to bake a little longer. My close friend keeps calling from out of town to see if "there are any signs."

I don't know how much longer I am going to work because I just don't know when baby is going to come. I pick up per diem shifts in the are for a medical staffing agency and I don't want to pick up too much and have to call and cancel everything. But it is getting downright uncomfortable to be working. But my husband is pushing me to work as long a possible.

My 12 year old will finally be back from his dad's house on tursday or friday. I haven't seen him in 2 months. His dad lives in FL and we are in MI. Oh and my husband will be unavailable all day thursday till really late at night. He is going to Cedar Point with his work. 4 Days before my DD.

This weekend was fun. Saturday went to "Boobapalooza" and "The Great Latch On" and I got to count some of the babies nursing. Afterwards we had people doing henna, massage, reikii, and selling their goods. So I got my belly done with henna and got a massage. Oh... it was awesome. We had a wedding to go to that evening. Then I had to work a 3rd. Got about 1 hour nap before I had to go in. Yesterday after I got up we went to my BIL and SIL's house and went swimming. My 3 year old had a great time and for the 1st time ever let us put him into floaty suit. He has only let one of us hold onto him until now.
Wowzers! You are one BUSY lady! I hope you are getting rest amidst the busy-ness and that your hubs will be there during labor and birth!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummm, you just managed to make me feel sad for the first time that I'm not still pregnant!!! Actually, today I'm feeling kinda down and just going over in my head how differently I wish the birth had gone. Just crazy hormones, I suppose.
I know you had been looking forward to a home birth. This is my first and I am super excited.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every time I bend over, I can feel the baby's head between my legs. I was reading that posterior positioning tends to mean longer labors, so now I'm feeling doomy gloomy cause I was hoping for another speedy one. Mostly i'm just tired today, I was up every hour to pee or have a contraction or a leg cramp. Sigh.

How are all the newbies?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I hear u about being up every hr. I do the same.
Am getting a cold. Probably caught something at the wedding where there was 300 ppl last weekend.
I'm still feeling depressed that I might have a baby too big to try for a vbac. Doc has been supportive all along. I hope she's not flipping a switch these last few weeks. Will see what US brings but I'm down about losing my "chance".
Have to go to booster club sports banquet tonight with dh and ds. Id much rather stay at home in bed!. But need to be supportive wife.....
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
I hear u about being up every hr. I do the same.
Am getting a cold. Probably caught something at the wedding where there was 300 ppl last weekend.
I'm still feeling depressed that I might have a baby too big to try for a vbac. Doc has been supportive all along. I hope she's not flipping a switch these last few weeks. Will see what US brings but I'm down about losing my "chance".
Have to go to booster club sports banquet tonight with dh and ds. Id much rather stay at home in bed!. But need to be supportive wife.....

:hug: Just labor at home for as long as possible, no doctor can REFUSE to deliver you. And u/s weight estimates are almost always way off, they can be off by as much as 4lbs!
One of my very closest friends delivered a 10lb baby VBAC, all natural, so I call bullcrap on your dr's "toobig" theory anyway.
And you can be a supportive wife by explaining youre tired and grumpy and would LOVE to come but you really feel like you just need to rest.