Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

chach- we'll all pray the u/s shows a nice, 8.5 lb babe!!!

although i was lookign forward to a homebirth, and i would choose one in the future in a heartbeat, i feel much better today about the birth. with all the bleeding, before and after the birth, it was probably the best thing to be where the emergency stuff was more readily available.

after all, i didn't (hardly) tear, no swollen lady parts, no symptoms of bloodloss despite a TON of it, a great nurser, and zero separation of mom and baby, no fetal issues with the abruption. i guess at the end of the day, i'm gonna just count my lucky stars- right?

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Paula- feeling the head that low is GOOD, though. the head will put better pressure on your cervix and that tends to shorten, not lengthen, labor.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #23
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oy, I sure hope so, Mo. I'm really achey today. Lost an epic hunk of stringy snot this morning. And I'm way crampy. I really, REALLY want to make it to Sunday. At least late Saturday night. We'll see.

MIL is coming in a few minutes to take the kids for hte day. As much as I would love to protest (shebecrazay), a day of rest sounds SO fantastic right now. I already did the dishes, and have big huge plans of laying in my bed all day napping/sewing a little/hanging around on the internet/maybe watching some cheesey movies.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so excited. I got some raw milk off of a friend of mine and I am making raw butter today. I really hope it turns out. I can actually drink this milk too. It doesn't leave that nasty aftertaste in my mouth that I can't stand.
As for baby. I have an apt with the MW today then the chiro this afternoon. I was supposed to work tonight but got staffed off. I'm totally ok with that. I have been telling my husband that it is getting really tiring to work. Come-on I'm only 39 weeks and 2 days. I should easily be able to lift people and bend over to do wound care and stuff. Right. I don't think my husband relizes that my career actually requires physical labor where-as his requires him to sit at a desk and work on computers all day.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
popsi
Registered Users
seller

Paula- enjoy your day "off"! I'm at work today even though it is my DUE DATE! Obviously, nothing yet really happening and I didn't have any excuse to stop working...

Mo- Thanks for making me feel better. It's funny how hearing other's mistakes make our own smaller

I had my "last" OB appnt yesterday- I HOPE! She said I'm 4 cm and 90% effaced and through our conversaton implied that the OB made a mistake at the hospital abt my effacement. At least, that's how I liked to interepret it But, it all is moot if I'm not having many contractions or pressure...

Plus, it's all for the best because I was actually able to finish painting one of the kids dresser and almost finished the other one. Nothing like waiting for the last minute! Also, finally got my kitchen floor mopped when I couldn't sleep last night- it was making me nuts with the stickiness from all the fruits the kids have been eating...and dripping!

Hope everyone- new mamas and mamas to be- are doing well!
popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #26
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
I'm so excited. I got some raw milk off of a friend of mine and I am making raw butter today. I really hope it turns out. I can actually drink this milk too. It doesn't leave that nasty aftertaste in my mouth that I can't stand.
As for baby. I have an apt with the MW today then the chiro this afternoon. I was supposed to work tonight but got staffed off. I'm totally ok with that. I have been telling my husband that it is getting really tiring to work. Come-on I'm only 39 weeks and 2 days. I should easily be able to lift people and bend over to do wound care and stuff. Right. I don't think my husband relizes that my career actually requires physical labor where-as his requires him to sit at a desk and work on computers all day.
Oh man, I'm a nurse's aide, so I totally feel you. I requested to be officially off the schedule starting this month because it was getting to be WAY too much. I would work/come home and collapse. Except I can't really collapse with a toddler running around, and DF was always so baffled on why I was sooo tired. Really, guy? I'm hugely pregnant which is ENOUGH work. Plus me lifting people all the time? Not fun.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am still just hanging out, too. Last day of work was Aug 2 and baby is officially "due" the 10th. I went to my OB yesterday- baby is ROT, 2cm and much lower than he had been. I had bloody show for 2 days over the weekend but nothing since. LOTS of nausea (like reading about sperm or snot makes me almost toss my cookies LOL). Last night I was up with cramping for 1 1/2 hrs but just decided to try and sleep through them. My mom is coming over today to make a turkey dinner and I am praying this baby wants to come soon. .
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #28
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4
So had a Dr appt this am. I'm 36 wks, 5 days today. Head still down (YAY!). BuT, doc thinks baby is big, she ordered an US for next weeks appt. She said they aren't always accurate. But if she suspects a 10 lb baby, she said no VBAC for me.
NOOOOOOO. I was so pumped after last wks appt that head was down and id get a shot to vbac.
So just praying that she is misjudging and babe is tiny.
Estimates (by feel and by US) are just that; guesses! There are plenty of cases where baby is estimated to be huge, then comes out teeny tiny. Also, while nobody wants to push out a 10 lb baby, baby fat is squishy! It will squish right out along with the rest of baby. The extra weight isn't likely on baby's head, it's probably on its chunky thighs and belly and those are the easy parts to get out :-) And always remember, they can't force you to do anything! You're the boss of you and this babe!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #29
1healthylady
Registered Users

Baby's still hanging out in there. I'm trying to stay ultra-hydrated and rest as much as possible. I told my boss yesterday so that she stays in the loop and now we're trying to get all our scholarship notifications out in a hurry. They should have been out 3 weeks ago, but she couldn't get around to making the decisions quickly enough with everything else going on in the office. So now we're trying to get them done before I leave it for someone else to try to figure out my system of notifications. We have our Teaching Symposium on Tuesday and I think I almost have everything ready for that. Just have to assemble name badges and print signs to put around the Conference Center. One of the other girls in the office will help me on Tuesday so I have less running around to do, and just in case. Everyone in the office is trying to keep me stress free and help with anything that requires any kind of physical activity. I work with some great people!

I couldn't imagine working as a nurse or anything that requires such physical activity right now. I'm usually a very active person, but now all I want to do is sit and put my feet up. I'm really thankful for my desk job. Kuddos to you ladies for working so long. Just remember to get some rest for yourselves at some point.

One of my friends in the office let me know that she and another lady are worried because I'm not having my baby in the hospital. Said she respects that it's my decision, but she's worried nonetheless. I tried to reassure her that I'm in good hands, that I'm really not far from the hospital if need be and that I trust in my body's ability to birth this baby. I don't think it helped. But it was nice to hear from my mom today that she trusts my decision and knows that it was a well-thought out one and that I am in capable hands. I worry more about a normal birth in the hospital. But then again I just don't like hospitals.

Paula- I hope you enjoy your day off. It sounds heavenly!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #30
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

MW just left. Baby is still not engaged at all. Low but not engaged. I know I will not be pregnant forever. The game is the waiting one. Lets see if this baby stays until 40 +5 like the last one, longer, or shorter.
Awesome thing today. Got a call from my SIL and my son is going to be home tonight finally. He has been in FL with his dad for 2 months and my in-laws drove down halfway to meet up with his dad to pick him up. I thought he wasn't going to be home till tomorrow. Oh and he is coming home with BLUE Hair! I agreed to it. I said while he was gone he could color his hair whatever color he choose.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote