Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #41
popsi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

When should I call the doctor to go in to the hospital? The contrax are getting a little closer at about 6-8 mins apart, but I also want to labor at home preferably... It's a catch 22, don't wanna be in the hospital too long or have the baby at home/car!

Advertisement

popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsi View Post
When should I call the doctor to go in to the hospital? The contrax are getting a little closer at about 6-8 mins apart, but I also want to labor at home preferably... It's a catch 22, don't wanna be in the hospital too long or have the baby at home/car!
My previous rule of thumb was when I couldn't walk or talk through them anymore, I should go. Are you feeling pushy?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #43
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been mildly productive today. I just got done baking about a dozen oatmeal bars and a dozen blueberry muffins to freeze. And I printed off a bunch of weekly schedules so that I can hopefully keep my sanity about me since I'll have two under two VERYSOON.

I need to make a grocery list of things to get on Saturday.
But man, I'm tired now.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #44
popsi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianxchaos View Post
My previous rule of thumb was when I couldn't walk or talk through them anymore, I should go. Are you feeling pushy?
Thanks, that's what my OB told me, just feeling nervous. I'm feeling pushy- but to use the bathroom and I mean that literally! I've had more bowel movements today that the past few weeks I think!
Plus, just showed some blood- possibly mucus plug- not sure. And had 3 contrax about 3-5 minutes apart. But, now slowed down a bit.
Nurse just called and told me to come in when I can. If get to feel more pressure etc. def. should not wait for DH to get home from work... Hope it doesn't come to that!
popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #45
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsi View Post
Thanks, that's what my OB told me, just feeling nervous. I'm feeling pushy- but to use the bathroom and I mean that literally! I've had more bowel movements today that the past few weeks I think!
Plus, just showed some blood- possibly mucus plug- not sure. And had 3 contrax about 3-5 minutes apart. But, now slowed down a bit.
Nurse just called and told me to come in when I can. If get to feel more pressure etc. def. should not wait for DH to get home from work... Hope it doesn't come to that!
BMs are good.
Sit down and relax for a bit, but if they're too intense dont be too afraid to go. <3
Good luck mama.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #46
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey

The mom to mom sale here in GR is great but I searched high and low for A&A blankets and didin't find one. I did however find cloth diapers ($2 each) and wool covers ($5 each), a pouch sling and plenty more. I can't wait till the next one because baby will actually be here and I will know if I need girly or boyish things.
Yes! Our next one will probably be in November. Perfect for Christmas shopping and I'll know who I'm shopping for! I think I'm finally willing to accept whatever timing God has planned for this baby's arrival, even if its tomorrow. It just took me a few days - some really productive days getting stuff crossed off my to do lists at work. Now I can't wait to find out if we'll be welcoming Levi or Elissa into the world.

Popsi- I hope you're doing well! May you have a quick and easy delivery.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #47
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post
Yes! Our next one will probably be in November. Perfect for Christmas shopping and I'll know who I'm shopping for! I think I'm finally willing to accept whatever timing God has planned for this baby's arrival, even if its tomorrow. It just took me a few days - some really productive days getting stuff crossed off my to do lists at work. Now I can't wait to find out if we'll be welcoming Levi or Elissa into the world.

Popsi- I hope you're doing well! May you have a quick and easy delivery.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
I just got an email about our next mom-to-mom sale. It is schedualed for 9/15/12. Yeah!!!! Baby will be old enough that I have healed post birth but still off of work.
I am feeling so much pelvic pressure today it is driving me nuts. But baby as of yesterday was still not engaged at all. I am having occasional contractions but nothing major.
Oh.. Making somgulian (sp?) for dinner tonight. It smell fabulous!
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #48
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Popsi- that was me and I'm darn lucky I made it in! Just do what feels right. Good luck!!!!!!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #49
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

btw, ya, if you feel pushy, just go- that is my new rule- lol! honestly in retrospect I was fighting the pushiness for at least an hour and that really should have been my clue.

I was in DENIAL.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #50
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
At the risk of sounding like a whiner, im not so sure im gonna make it til sunday. Totally overdid it and the pressure is killing me. My ladybits are sooooooo swollen right now :x

'Smartphone' approved