Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #61
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom
P.S. The washcloth prefold idea over in diaper chatter really does fit like a charm, if your baby can't fit any of your fluff at first. I am so tempted to buy up some GMD workhorse newborns, but Ivy is already back to birthweight and I imagine she'd outgrow those by the time I got them shipped and prepped! Itching to get to use my Imagine small pf's- so soft.
Can you elaborate on the washcloth prefold concept?

Advertisement

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #62
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
He'll be here before you can blink, Dawn! Then you'll get a lovely, much-deserved babymoon.
You are right. I am just getting worried because my insurance runs out Aug 31. :/. Well, that and I want to meet my little man.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #63
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguisgirl

You are right. I am just getting worried because my insurance runs out Aug 31. :/. Well, that and I want to meet my little man.
Ooh that's a little scary that insurance runs out end of month. Ouch. Hopefully u don't have to worry about that tho.

So this am hubby and I r in garage painting an antique door to make into a headboard. And I was so annoyed cuz there was a big heavy bar table that was folded down, but laying on the floor and I had to walk around it or step on it, so I went to move it and yeah, its flippin heavy and I dropped it on my leg, just above my ankle. I couldn't get it off, when hubby did, looked gross, all indented. He was sure it was broke. It's not tho. I got way dizzy and nausues but after laying down it went away. Now just a very bruised, bloody and sore leg. Oops. But door is all primed, so that's good.!
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #64
chach4
Registered Users
seller

dp
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #65
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
Ooh that's a little scary that insurance runs out end of month. Ouch. Hopefully u don't have to worry about that tho.

So this am hubby and I r in garage painting an antique door to make into a headboard. And I was so annoyed cuz there was a big heavy bar table that was folded down, but laying on the floor and I had to walk around it or step on it, so I went to move it and yeah, its flippin heavy and I dropped it on my leg, just above my ankle. I couldn't get it off, when hubby did, looked gross, all indented. He was sure it was broke. It's not tho. I got way dizzy and nausues but after laying down it went away. Now just a very bruised, bloody and sore leg. Oops. But door is all primed, so that's good.!
ooouuuuuchhhhh!!!

I went to the MW this AM, as she was busy yesterday with a postpartum visit.
Baby is still very much OP. *drums fingers*
Nothing much to report. My crotch still hurts when I do too much. I'm washing sheets/prepping because my bff comes tonight.
Actually, right now I'm eating cookies and enjoying the quiet, everyone is napping but me
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #66
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds wonderful, Paula! I will say a prayer for your baby to rotate... are you doing lots of hands and knees time?
momomom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #67
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

quick question... i heard my mw mumble that baby was LAT (or maybe LOT?) whe she felt for the position. what does that stand for?

the girls at my husbands work threw him a baby shower yesterday. the thought of it makes me laugh! he said they pinned a big, pink ribbon to him and made him sit up in front of everyone and show off each gift. he he! we got some really cute little outfits, and several gift cards. yay for that! i'm going to use them to get a few last-minute items for the baby...wash cloths to use as wipes, a mesh infant sling-type bath tub (cheapie), wipes warmer refill pad, nursing pads, and hopefully a postpartum abdominal girdle.

i think that's everything.
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #68
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yvonne- you sure she didn't say LOA? Left occiput anterior, in other words, perfectly positioned for birth .
momomom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #69
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
Yvonne- you sure she didn't say LOA? Left occiput anterior, in other words, perfectly positioned for birth .
maybe that was it but i'm thinking i misheard her and she said LOP...much more likely in my case as my 1st 2 babies were posterior throughout pregnancy. my first was born sunny side up (ouch!) after 3 hours of pushing and my son turned during labor.

i don't know why i thought i heard a 't' in there...i was thinking maybe the baby's head was transferse...not posterior and not anterior but i didn't know if that even existed
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #70
1healthylady
Registered Users

Chach- hope you're doing ok and that leg heals up quickly!

I haven't had any more contractions since Monday night. I've had crampy feelings, but they've just been constant, not every 10 minutes or anything. And it goes away after I chug a gallon of water and rest. I'm so ready for Tuesday to be over with. I just have to fold 300 programs, print out the registration list and load everything up to go to the conference center. Once all that's done I just need to print another 150 scholarship award letters and 300 denial letters. I woke up dreaming about that spreadsheet this morning. Ugh. Ready.to.be.done.
On the homefront, all the cradle sheets are washed and the cradle is made up and ready for the little one to arrive. This is the 3rd generation to sleep in the cradle my Opa (grandfather) made, and the 4th to use my Oma's (grandma's) sheets. When baby grows out of that it'll move to the brand new crib. I'm still working on small sewing projects. Slowly making more covers, a small wet bag, rice pack, etc. If I get stuff done, great. If not I'm not worried about it. I just get too tired too quickly.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum