Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #81
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

My bff is here! Spent yesterday just hanging around, drive all over creation looking for a belly casting kit only to find out that the one place that would have them (I think) was closed yesterday. Argh.

Maybe we'll go back today.

Also did some moxibustion to try and get the baby to roll. No luck yet, but we have plenty of supplies so we'll see.
Last night I actually slept instead of being up all night with ctx. Not sure if thats a plus or a minus.

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #82
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=bohemianxchaos;15536718]My bff is here! Spent yesterday just hanging around, drive all over creation looking for a belly casting kit only to find out that the one place that would have them (I think) was closed yesterday. Argh.
QUOTE]

I actually found mine at TJ max for $12.99, they have them at Buy Buy Baby too but they are regular price.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #83
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I'm a little(or a lot) on edge this am. At 9 I have US to check size and then appt with doc. I'm worried she will push for repeat csec. I am going to do everything in my power to push for vbac. Unless I'm feeling its legitamately unsafe. Doc has been supportive of vbac all along but now this size thing came up and I'm worried she's doing a 180.

Have been nervous since last week. Yesterday had some moments of freak out and was trying to get everything done just in case. I need to RELAX. Doc has probablycaused undue stress with this size thing...

AND, dh, who is currently 1/2 time high school teacher and 1/2 time athletic director at a small school that doesn't pay the best or have advancement opportunities, has been looking for a full time athletic director or vice principal job for a while. Well, lastweek, he applied at a bigger school, almost DOUBLE the salary, and shared responsibility with other vice principals, a job he would LOVE. And he got an interview!. Thursday. He is so excited and nervous. I'm a realist and know that a LOT of ppl apply for these jobs so who knows who else is interviewing as well. But hopefully it works out.
Only issue with it, its an hr drive. AND if he gets it, he won't get ANY time off to be with me and babe and 22 month old. If he stays at current job, he will be able to work 1/2 time for a long time, like a couple months, then go back to, ft. But if he gets this job, he would start immediately, and get no time off. I mean he won't miss the birth of his child, but after that, I think is be on my own. Oh no. If I have to have a csec? I'm gonna need some help..not sure what ill do there. My fam lives 3 hrs away, hubbys fam some we r close to and some we rarely see, most all work full time(the 2 that don't I wouldn't be crazy about asking for help cuz I don't hardly know em), so not like someone could come be my "day nurse" if I need help getting up or chasing 22 mo old...I had rough recovery with first csec so it is a concern of mine. Maybe if dh is making almost double I can hire a day nurse or at least a babysitter for ds.. ha, yeah right.

Last edited by chach4; 08-14-2012 at 05:59 AM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #84
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just ignore your dr, honestly. I know that's kind of harsh to say but the more you resign yourself to the possibility of letting your OB shove you into a VBAC the more likely it's going to happen. Plain and simple they CANNOT refuse to deliver you, and you have every right to refuse a c/s ESPECIALLY if there is no basis besides "oh ultrasound says baby is too big".
Besides, you're gonna have an 8.5lber anyway

As for DH's job, HUG, I wish I had advice for you. I was on my own right away after both of my previous births but I didn't have c/s's so I'm not familiar with the recoveries. I know it wasn't FUN, but it was doable. Do you have any friends that could come help, maybe prep some meals and freeze them for you or anything?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #85
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

THREADCRASHING

Bffl here,
belly cast:

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #86
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^ Now I get to spend forever deciding how to paint it.
Did anyone else do a belly cast?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #87
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish I had done a belly cast. I used to think they were weird, but now thinking- what if I never get pregnant again? I wish I had done one.

chach4- Sometimes you gotta spend $ to make $. Ie, if he gets the job, maybe you'll have to take some of the extra$ and hire a postpartum doula or just a babysitter. 2-3 hours a day for a couple weeks? If you have a c-sec, will you bind your belly? My SIL swears by the shapewear from Walmart. My belly is bound after a vaginal birth and I think it really helps with faster recovery. Supports all the muscles and organs, decreases bleeding. I use the 'Assets' brand from jc penney. Prayers for you!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #88
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Hmm, never heard of belly binding! Interesting!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #89
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi NorwexMa! Haven't 'seen' you around lately!!!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #90
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Hi. Baby is NOT too big. Doc got ne nervous for nothing. So no pressure for csec. SO relieved.
I didn't belly bind after csec. I didn't know anything about it. But I did plan on getting a cheapie one anyway since I'm in my sisters wedding in Sept.
Friends I have locally work ft, have a great aunt who doesn't work, kinda a "grandma" figure to my son, so I probably ask her for help if dh gets the job. We will know probably by Friday if he gets it or not. Interview is thurs and they need to start right away, so it'd happen quick. I pray he gets it. He really wants it.
Belly casting... Never did it. Looks like a fun "girls day" type project. I guess I don't know what is do with it when done. Paint it and hang it up I'm assuming what ppl do with em? It IS art. Miracle of life.
Stopped at hobby lobby today and got a yard of fake fur to make a fake bear rug for my sons new "outdoor" themed room. I have to hit up goodwill for a teddy bear I can decapitate and delimb to sew onto my rug.. ha. We will see how that turns out. Now that I'm not stressing bout a csec, I'm gonna do some sewing this week...yay. its relaxing.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote