Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: should I send my soon to be 3 yr old to preschool?

I would just to give you a break to run errands or just relax a few hours. We did a two morning a week program last year and it was basically to get him used to separating/socialization but at that age they don't play that much together. Most of the preschools are play based here and they act like you are from Mars if you ask about academics so I love the program you are describing.

Three is a nice age to start. Do they have any lower income discounts?

Also, I would sit down and start to work with flash cards (dollar store ones work well as if they rip them/destroy them its not so bad), do leap frog videos as they have all kinds of alphabet and numbers as well as pre-reading as well as apps if you have something that allows it. Don't rely on school to provide the basics.

My son's birthday is around your son's - mid September and he will have to test in or be held back for K. in less we go private. It sucks as they hold younger kids to a higher standard so depending on your schools, you may want to start with numbers, letters, shapes and colors, and move up from there.

Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
I would. My just turned 3 year old is starting preschool next week and he's so excited about it. He keeps going and getting his backpack on and asking if it's time to go to preschool yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
SAHM to two wild boys, a toddler and a preschooler. Expecting our third and last, a sweet little GIRL due July 2013. Taking each day as it comes and trying to avoid labels.
OneDayAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: should I send my soon to be 3 yr old to preschool?

I'm sending my just-turned 3 year old to preschool this year. It's the same preschool that all of his older siblings attended, and he's so excited to go to school like a big boy. And I'm not going to lie - I'm ESTATIC to have 4 mornings a week alone. ALONE!! Oh, the glory! I can drop ALL of the kids off at their schools and I can do whatever in the world I want for almost 3 hours.
Happily married Mama to 4 kids (14, 11, 6, 4)
And proud SurroMama to 2 beautiful boys

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote