Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
threec's
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
AGH! Post Partum Hormones!

So. I had my third little angel friday morning via planned c-section; been in the hospital since then, enjoying time with my little girl, but really missing my two boys at home! I'm being discharged today, and my husband had to work for "a couple hours" this morning. He's self employed, and for him to be able to afford to be home this week w/ us he needs to finish this job and get paid. Well, it's 2:15pm and he's been working for 5 hours... My mom calls wanting to know if I've heard from Joe and the water works start! I'm just so ready to be home, and I know he's working hard for us, and I just feel so guilty getting frustrated that he isn't done yet. I know it's mainly my out of whack hormones, but I can't control the crying right now... My dad is going to go get our van and come get me. Yay for daddy to the rescue!
I'm just waiting for the nurse to come in and see me all red and splotchy!
Just needed to vent for a moment! I do feel a bit better

Advertisement

threec's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AGH! Post Partum Hormones!

I hate the teary eyed moments postpartum. We are all a little crazy after baby is born it is a very tired/ new time. You are working hard on healing and getting to know your little one. Give yourself the permision to cry when needed and most of all try to rest when you can it will help with some of the emotions.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What she said! We all deal with these wacky hormones and mood swings. It will pass
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
threec's
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Made it home, now working on adjusting to having three and how my boys are reacting to having a little sister! They love her and are all over her... and a little jealous at the same time. It's interesting
threec's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Poor mama! Big hugs! Although you can't control your hormones, you can control your rational thinking & it seems like you are doing a great job at that. It's big sacrifice for both of you, you & hubby. Hang in there!

No one told me how easily you'd cry over things postpartum, so I was surprised by all of this last time. I remember sitting with my husband in the waiting room at the pediatrician's office for my DD's 4 day of life visit & I just started crying because he was a good husband. It did not make sense that I was crying over this, but I was. Hubby was very understanding, and I also think he was a little concerned watching over me to see if I developed PPD. Thankfully, I did not, but he understands that PPD is a hormonal thing, not something of choice.