Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda
well, first of all I don't feel the need to be friend's with my childrens' friends' parents, so if your child likes this little girl and he wants to go well why not
Because he's only 2....

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Some toddler birthday etiquette questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Because he's only 2....
I agree... At this age a birthday party for someone he hardly knows is just an over-stimulating, stressful, hyped-up outing. No thanks!
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I agree that it would probably be best to just choose one and decline to the others to avoid becoming overwhelmed with all the parties.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our budget for birthdays is $20. I would hold off on RSVPing to anything until the week before the party. I generally don't RSVP til a week before because I never know exactly what is going on til then. We like birthday parties here, so I would go to all 3. But, that's just me. My kids love cake!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

go to the ones you want, but wait until you hear from the 1st friend and then decide.

as for the gifts, what someone else spent on your DS should have absolutely NO bearing on what you spend on someone else's kid! You spend what you want/can. I used to spend about $15-20 on my kids' friends b-day gifts, even though, in my old life, I could have spent more if I desired. Now, my financial situation is much different. My next door neighbor has a son the same age as my 2 yr old. For DS b-day, they gave him some very nice gifts (prob $15-20) and when it was her DS' party, I had to really scrimp and I spent about $5. But I asked her what he liked and with that info, he got a dollar store fireman's hat and a playground ball. I put it in a canvas tote that I already had and I tie dyed it and put his name on it. Everything was a big hit! I think trying to match values of presents is pointless. People don't know each other's financial situations or choices (you can be loaded and not choose to spend a lot on other people's kids or really struggling.)