Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby with Short Limbs on Ultrasound

Anyone else have this happen?? Had a very detailed ultrasound at an Maternal fetal appt yesterday. Everything looked good...but the legs and arms were short. I wasn't worried because DS4 had shorter limbs on ultrasound too and told the tech so. His were in the 30% and then moved on up. This baby is measuring under the 3%...really low. I'm telling myself that this is a difference of millimeters at this point, but I was dumb and looked up the possible issues....bad move. This is why I do not like fetal testing. In any case, anyone have a baby measure in the lowest percentiles and then catch up later on.

Advertisement

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Baby with Short Limbs on Ultrasound

No one????

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
dannic
Registered Users

I haven't...just wanted to send hugs your way...so often these tests are off, or things work out! Hoping all goes well for you and your little one!
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Never experienced that, but I will say my last two pregnancies we opted out of any testing and it was much more peaceful that way.

Just trust the LORD momma, He has a perfect plan for ths child, special needs or not (we have two special needs children ourselves), and remember many ultrasounds cause nothing but undue stress. He is knitting your sweet baby together in your womb and He doesn't make mistakes
Old 08-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Amen Tara,

Thanks for the reminder. I am actually feeling quite peaceful about it, but every no and then that big unknown comes and rears its head. Unfortunately I am quite high risk for a number of reasons and need to use OBs/MFM care and thus along comes the ultrasounds. I am actually trained as a lay-midwife and that is my heart, but it simply wouldn't be safe or wise for me or baby at this point. However the "know too much" syndrome comes into play too. Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

BTW Tara, I LOVE your avatar and verse. Do you veil as well? Totally off topic though

Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
NaplesMom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son was born back in July with Radial Aplasia. That caused his left arm to be short on u/s.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son's kidneys were measuring slightly above average on his ultrasounds during the first half of my pregnancy. I, like you, looked up all the horrible things that could go wrong due to this. The size evened out later on and he's never had any issues. Hopefully it's nothing!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was anything else out of proportion like a bigger head or skeletal abnormalities? Did they say anything about it?
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej View Post
BTW Tara, I LOVE your avatar and verse. Do you veil as well? Totally off topic though
Thank you and yes I do wear a veil. Do you?

I love your avatar as well, all those precious blessing in a row like that. We are praying the LORD blesses us with more in His timing!